Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JacquesB
#324542 Hi
My EG has not been behaving lately when I bought the car she flooded the first time I ever started her, then later on I did not have the flooding problem again for a few months, but then it started again after I drove the car a bit and when I try and restart it would flood. This went away again and this morning she decided that it will be a good idea to misbehave again...I notice that sometimes it is after I throw in petrol. She starts again but with smoke bellowing out(white) and the rev's need to be hold in the upper 4000 until she idles fine again. Seems like if i reset the ECU the problem goes away but sometimes even that does not work out.
What do you think it can be? Its a B18B3 motor
By nd1983
#324581 have you checked the injectors?
By teal_dx
#324583 White smoke usually means burning coolant which usually means a leaking head gasket. I would do a compression test just to be sure that isn't a problem. :thumb:

Also, is there a check engine light on?
By TrailerTrash
#324590 I had a very similar problem with my D15b. turned out to be the coolant tempature sensor for the ECU that was malfunctioning and basically telling the ECU the car was cold so it would send way too much fuel and it would be flooding itself out after trying to restart the engine when it was already warm.
By JacquesB
teal_dx wrote:White smoke usually means burning coolant which usually means a leaking head gasket. I would do a compression test just to be sure that isn't a problem. :thumb:

I came on maybe 3 times in a year and then goes away but the smoke is just there when it floods but i think that it is a good idea to do a compression test she has 351000km (218100mi) but he still goes like hell if I put my foot down she was very well maintained.
Thanks for the help will do and check what happens.
By JacquesB
TrailerTrash wrote:I had a very similar problem with my D15b. turned out to be the coolant tempature sensor for the ECU that was malfunctioning and basically telling the ECU the car was cold so it would send way too much fuel and it would be flooding itself out after trying to restart the engine when it was already warm.

Now that you say that it always just after the car is warm never when she is cold so it could be the coolant sensor will get someone to take a look at it or maybe just to be safe replace the thing. Thanks man!
By JacquesB
nd1983 wrote:have you checked the injectors?

Yip checked the injectors and replaced the fuel filter as well
By TrailerTrash
JacquesB wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:I had a very similar problem with my D15b. turned out to be the coolant tempature sensor for the ECU that was malfunctioning and basically telling the ECU the car was cold so it would send way too much fuel and it would be flooding itself out after trying to restart the engine when it was already warm.

Now that you say that it always just after the car is warm never when she is cold so it could be the coolant sensor will get someone to take a look at it or maybe just to be safe replace the thing. Thanks man!

:thumb:

it only takes 5 minutes to install and cost less than $20 most places
By JacquesB
teal_dx wrote:White smoke usually means burning coolant which usually means a leaking head gasket. I would do a compression test just to be sure that isn't a problem. :thumb:

I did the compression test and she is purring like a kitten, and I made a mistake with the colour smoke its actually black
SO then it must be the ECU sensor that Trailer Trash said.
By JacquesB
TrailerTrash wrote:
JacquesB wrote:

:thumb:

it only takes 5 minutes to install and cost less than $20 most places

Great thanks man will check my Honda Bible to make sure that I install it correctly.
By JacquesB
#324749 Thanks for the help guys its comforting to know that I can just ask the best EG site in the world and always get help. :woot:

Will let you know what the outcome is.
By JacquesB

Quick noob question, just want to make sure that the name for the temp control sensor is EACV. It looks like it could be this according to the Honda service manual but just want to be sure.
By JacquesB
#324835 Think it has to be the EACV because the rpm drops when turning the power steering this according to the book the EACV is the cause