Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanMAN
#324666 yeah but it is very cramped, cant even fit a wrench down there let alone see any bolts haha
By Apexracing
egsedanMAN wrote:yeah but it is very cramped, cant even fit a wrench down there let alone see any bolts haha
could try removing the intake breather hose, for more room.
By mitch6
#324682 yea there is no need to touch the idle screw unless nothing else has come up as a problem. But seeing as you have found the problem, deff clean the FITV. It is tricky, I did it on my B-series, but you should not need to remove your TB, and if you do, make sure you buy a new TB gasket. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#324690 its tricky as hell to get to. i used a mirror and some fingering skills.

take the intake tube off and the plate at the back of the FITV and spray some carb cleaner in through the hole from the inside of the throttle body and all around inside then blow it out real good with an air nozzle.
By egsedanMAN
#324960 I fixed it!!!! turns out it was the Fast idle Thermo Valve. Took it apart, screwed the plastic peice all the way down, And put it back together and wallah!! My car not only runs better than ever before, but it pulls harder to. before this, i had always experienced a slight hesitation or loss in power. im guessing the coolant bleed and fitv adjustment are pretty crucial to an engines performance!! thanks guys
By TrailerTrash
#324972 oh dam i forgot about that plastic piece working its way back out! and i even did this on my car and still forgot to mention it :? :lol:

another thing that can cause a little hesitation and such is a throttle positiong sensor thats not properly adjusted. a few tools and a voltometer and its done