Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By imtyson
#323313 i have a 92 honda civic dx sedan and about 2 weeks ago it had trouble starting. the car would just crank and crank but not start. 1 out of 3 tries the car would eventually start. i realized that the fuel pump was only priming on occasion as well. i was driving home from school one day and i turned a corner and the car just ended up dying on me. i tried to start it after it died out, but no anvil just crank. i pushed my car back to the house and re soldered the main relay. every time i turn my key into second position it primes which is not the problem anymore. the car still wont start just crank. i changed the spark plugs, cleaned out distributor cap, restarted ecu, charged the battery and still don't have a start. i am now lost as to what i should do. i need to car for school, but i guess in the meantime ill take the bus. any suggestions would help! thanks!
By Apexracing
#323318 well pull one of the plugs leave it hooked to the plug wire and set it on the valve cover. Have a friend turn her over and check for spark. If your getting spark then check to see if you have fuel. My guess is you have a fuel issue.
By imtyson
#323325 i just filled up my tank full of gas as well. if it was a fuel issue how would i go about checking for the problem? and i will check the spark tomorrow morning as its very cold and dark now.
<br><br>
the cranking just keeps cranking and cranking, i feel like its wants to start but i am not too positive on this.

p.s thanks for the quick reply guys! means a lot
By nd1983
#323326 check spark at all plugs, if you have that move on, if not check the cap.

Check for fuel at the plugs, Check for a wet plug.

If no fuel check lines or pump, if fuel check timing.

that a basic start