Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By AznFireboi
#322877 Hi, I've had a problem of water leaking into the passenger side of my eg8 and pooling in the back. I have no idea of where it's coming from, but my dad suspects that it might be coming in through the firewall/footwell. Does anyone have any idea of what the cause may be?
By TrailerTrash
#322881 where exactly is the water pooling? in the rear or front? how much of the carpet gets wet?
By Uknterror
#322885 Right hand drive? If so take down the headliner, my friends sedan had that problem as well couldnt figure out where, found out the drain tube was kinked, fixed kink no longer leaked
By AznFireboi
#322891 The water is pooling in the rear, but I think that's mostly due to my driveway being slanted. The carpet in the front is wet too. There's enough water in the back to make sloshing sounds as I go around a turn. Last time I checked, it was almost a centimeter deep pool that I had to suck up with a shop vac. It's a left hand drive, but It probably wouldn't hurt if I checked under the headliner.
By Danny_P
#322904 Hey man I have the same problem, mine is right hand drive and only happens on occasions I figured it was my heater matrix creating condensation as it was literally a small couple of drips when it did it last... And dude I maybe a nube and 21 but iv had it in bits and back together shit loads of times. The kinked pipe sounds likely due to how much water you've got in their!
By TrailerTrash
#322937 get inside with a flashlight and have someone run a water hose/dump buckets all over the car till u see a drip. if u cant see a drip, pull the carpet up cause it maybe be seeping in somewhere under the carpet.
By piratevtis86
#323995 Hi Im new to the site, i had this problem when i brought my saloon,
it turned out to be the trim under the windscreen under the wipers.
there is an original seal holding that down that when you have the windscreen replaced it dos`nt seal back so water comes under then goes down the hole that brings in fresh air for your fan, i just got sum seam sealer after scratching off the old foam beaded along where the foam was an done the same on the car and it stopped it.
you will see when you take it off that it a design flaw, or if you have a sub the bung just under the battery where the battery comes thru may not be in, noticed some come thru there to.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#324717 just wrote this up...hope this solves yur problem

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=26061&highlight=
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
piratevtis86 wrote:or that lol

lol yea..it took me a while to figure it out too..but sure enough that was the problem