Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanMAN
#322570 I recently bought the itm from a buddy, im aware that it is possible to make it work, but how? im new to this honda stuff, and i would greatly appreciate some input on how to install the Y8 mani.

Stock D15B7
Intake, Headers, Exhaust.
[/img]
By egsedanMAN
#322572 OBD1 D15B7 (not obd2)

srry bout the typo :o
By JohnRM
#322574 It's a D-series manifold so I'm pretty sure it will. I'm not sure if it came with a sensor, but if it did, I guess that's one thing you don't need.
By egsedanMAN
#322576 ok. so should i use the b7 throttle body to bypass the iat? im not sure what to think, every site says something else. on the other hand, though, if i got a Z6 manifold, it should bolt/hook right up with no problems. is that correct?

i dont really want to go purchase a new mani., i really just want to see if i can use the y8 i already have.
By teal_dx
#322579 Make sure the y8 is from a manual car and it will work.

The auto y8 Intake mani has the IACV built into the throttle body instead of on the back of the intake mani like the b7 and other intakes do. You'll need to either drill a hole to install the iat in the back of one of the runners or extend the wiring and install the IAT in the intake tube like the OBD2 civics have it.

If the y8 is 99-00, fill the cold start assist holes & cap off any vac lines going to/from the evap purge valve. You can remove the evap purge valve, it isn't needed on your setup.

Here's a link for more info:
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10
(the first DIY I ever made haha)
By egsedanMAN
#322580 how do i know whether or not its a 99-00? anything in particular that would point that out?
By egsedanMAN
#322581 it came off my buddies d16a6 so i have no idea what year
By JohnRM
#322585 The d16a6 only came in the 1988-1991 U.S. model Civic.

Wikipedia: Honda d series
By egsedanMAN
#322590 i just need to know what its going to take to put the y8 itm on my d15b7. also would a z6 or y8 itm add power gain? or is what im trying to do here pointless.
By egsedanMAN
#322598 You can either extend the wires and drill a hole in your rubber or aftermarket intake tube, or drill a hole in the back of the #2 runner as I did. Apply some JB weld and stick it on.

explain?

and how do i bypass the 4 cold start assist holes?
By egsedanMAN
#322600 just checked it out. my Y8 mani does NOT have cold start assist. but the link that you referred to is talking about mounting the Y8 itm to a Y8 head. i Have a B7 head still. do the same rules apply?
By teal_dx
#322601 Yeah the bolts will line up. Keep in mind you should get them port matched to get the best air flow. Or if you don't have the $/time, it will still work. :thumb:
Use the IM gasket for the 96-98 y8 IM, not the B7. :thumb:
By egsedanMAN
#322603 what should i get port matched? the itm?
By teal_dx
#322608 technically, you should get everything port matched - runners to head and the TB opening. But by the time you do that, you're probably not in budget build range anymore. It can be done yourself if you have the tools & know how. In the end, it's going to smooth out the air flow but probably not enough difference to feel in the car.