Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Trav2036
#311405 last summer my speedomiter would work half ass when it was extremly hot out or it would stick till u come to a complete stop and resart car. now it has totally takin a crap. but the needle will fall till it cant fall no more and it jumps to zero when i start it but will not read when i move... why is that?
By bigJOE671
Trav2036 wrote:last summer my speedomiter would work half ass when it was extremly hot out or it would stick till u come to a complete stop and resart car. now it has totally takin a crap. but the needle will fall till it cant fall no more and it jumps to zero when i start it but will not read when i move... why is that?

It could me one of many things: bad connection(s), faulty wire(s), VSS going bad, or bad connection in the speedometer itself.

In your cluster when your pull it out of your dash. There are three screws that hold the speedometer to the cluster itself. They also act as a electrical connection for it. I suggest you take a look at it.

I have almost the same problem with my speedometer. The needle just feels like doing whatever it wants sometimes. I'm not sure if its from the heat but it's being doing it for a couple months, it comes and goes when it feels like it.
By Trav2036
#311416 it might be but i took that annoying ass light out. haha plus i have a d16z6 swap so it came on every now and than.
By teal_dx
Trav2036 wrote:it might be but i took that annoying ass light out. haha plus i have a d16z6 swap so it came on every now and than.

Put it back in, it would tell you if your VSS is bad. Also it would tell you if any other sensors are bad, including the ones that control your engine. :wink: