Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Haze.703
#310866 I bought a eg8 the ppl i bought it from put 7quarts of oil in it like the smart ppl they are i did a oil change and tune up nd it still wnt start i pulld out the injectors nd cleaned them it get spark nd gas i jus cant figure it out can anyone help me out????
By cruzan
#310870 Check ur fuse an relay an the ur timing
By Haze.703
#310876 It turns over fine can it be the main relay?
By slow4dr
#310877 Yes it can be. Can you hear your fuel pump prime. If not id say its te main
By Haze.703
#310878 Yea i can hear it nd got the injectors checkd
By DontHateonEG8
#310880 try taking one spark plug out and ground it and see if you get a spark.

in other words: take spark plug 1 out, put it into the spark boot and put the other end on a metal ground. ask some one to crank the engine and see if you see a spark.

sounds like you might have an ignition problem
By Haze.703
#310959 Its gettn spark And the timing?
By Haze.703
#310964 Another quick question how can i get one of those civics like eglove?
By EG Love
Haze.703 wrote:Its gettn spark And the timing?

are you asking what timing is or are you saying its right?
I had an old toyota truck that wouldnt start after a headgasket change. it had spark and fuel, turned out the timing was off the whole time

you could also do a compression test i suppose to make sure you're getting compression in all cylinders but i dont know if that would be ur problem
By Haze.703
#311016 I mean like how could it be the timing? The motor hasnt be opened up before or anything nd i havent checked the compression yet
By Haze.703
#311017 Thanks for the avatar help
By EG Love
#311133 Ok well if the engine was running before and the belt wasnt touched or anything then shouldn't be timing
By teal_dx
#311140 So it ran before and the only thing you did was change the oil and take out injectors and put them back in?

what happens when you try to start it now? doesn't turn over? just cranks? sputters?