Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By DontHateonEG8
bigpunn421 wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:
LionHearted1 wrote:
That sounds cool too, a EG front end on a Teggy, I guess it could kinda look like a real type R but not lol

I run a B20soon to be V turbo eg, love it...
the AWD is a little bit uncomon, only seen online never in person. its bad ass, something I will deff do. just need time and money. but it will get done!

I know Epic Tuning has a kit there building for it.

Well, it's different. the EG chassis has been out for like... 20 years now, it gets harder and harder to find something that someone hasn't done yet.

I wanted to do a B20 build myself, like B20 with a B18c5 head. AWD trans. Could have a lot of fun in that car.

Those are Kinda my Plans, I have a B20T, have my GSR head sitting ready to go on, I wanna do a AWD Swap. I can do it on the cheap side costing around $1,000 but I would like to find a kit when one is ready. I think it would be awesome! My car then would be a complet Sleeper! :thumb:

haven't we heard that story from other members...

there is no P&P AWD kit out there
hell there isn't even a kit.
you would either have to pay big bucks to professionals to do it or take a risk and do it yourself
oh and good luck finding awd manual transmission
they are getting more and more rare

they dont make kits but honda made a bunch of models factory awd. the eg chasis was one of them.

people swap awd 4g63's into civics too. heres a example http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=1222050

the crv 5 speed is the most common swap for b series awd. short gears when you use standard civic/teg tires. shorter than b16

you need to relocate the gas tank and weld a support bar for the rear diff.

the rear trailing arms need to be modded from the wagovan or rtsi or any rt4wd models you need 2 stock 2wd and 2 4wd arms. thats the hardest other than sourcing parts. i have a couple friends with awd swap completed. projustinsane has youtube vids and a build on here too. he knows a couple people too plus hes right near epic tuning and evans tuning

pretty sure epic tuning will modifiy the trailing arms and make the support bar you need just ask them.

thats the basic info. it would be the ultimate sleeper as most dont expect hondas to grab traction off the line like a awd. but you need to do some more researching and im sure things will pop up along the way

By LionHearted1
#312290 Not to revive a thread that hasn't been used in a while, but I found some stuff that recently, and I figured this would be as good of a place to put it as any.

I guess you can bolt a 06-11 Civic Si muffler right up to an Integra's exhaust. 2 and 1/4in inlet piping. I run this same diameter on my EG8, and it's factory look would definitely help keep some of the local PD off your back. (Plus it's stamped OEM HONDA, if you live in an area where the police look into these things) It has a nice low growl, and hardly makes much noise until like 4k RPMs.

It got me thinking about installing one. I run a N1 canister on my car now, but it scrapes a lot (at factory ride height!), and it's just not worth the attention I get from it. Even if it does require some welding, I think its totally worth it.

Also, I found a list of all that suspension parts from an Integra that are compatible with an EG.

list taken from Moose from SOHCHonda.

This is to be the most accurate from what i know between the 88-95 civic. never really tried with the 96-00 civics. I would say that 99% 88-00 parts are changeable.(honda tends to do stuff like that). If you know of some errors that got past me, or dealt with the 96-00 civics and parts interchange please lmk and I will update what has been missed.

Keep in mind switching stuff out will work, but it may change your offset, toe, and camber.

Front

Front upper control arm (UCA)
-(UCA) can be swapped for a 94-01 Integra Upper control arm … no performance advantage BUT it is easier to find newer Integra ones at the Wreckers.
-Note: The ball joint in the UCA is not replaceable … Honda does not sell the ball-joint alone, you generally replace the entire A-Arm
-The UCA's can be swapped Left to right, BUT since the upper balljoint is not symetric (front to back) this swap will cause an increase in Caster.

Front lower Control Arm (LCA)
-LCA can be swapped for a 94-01 Integra Lower control arm…. no performance advantage BUT it is easier to find newer Integra LCA's at the Wreckers.
-I have also found that it is cheaper/easier to swap in a nice new 99-01 Integra LCA than to replace all the bushings
-Integra's came with front sway bars, as did some Civics, thus have the necessary flange to attach the sway-bar end-links. So if you need to change a sway bar equipped Civic LCA, make sure that the donor car also had a sway bar

Front Steering knuckle
-There are two types of front steering knuckles found on a Civic. The knuckles found on a civic with 9.5" diameter brake rotors and the knuckles found on a civic with 10.2" diameter brake rotors. These two knuckles are not compatible with one another, different brake caliper brackets, bearings, and hubs.
-The 10.3" equipped 90-91 civic 4d(non-abs), 95-97 del sol vtec(abs), 99-00 Civic Si(abs) knuckles are the same as the 10.3" 94-01 Integra(RS non-abs, LS/GS/GSR ABS) (except ITR) front steering knuckles.
-The Other Bolt-on option for EG Civics' is the Integra Type R … the 96 JDM 4x114 lug, or the 97-00 5x114 5 lug 11" setup will bolt up without any issues.
-There is one final difference between front knuckles … ABS. ABS equipped cars NEED ABS hubs/knuckles for the sensors to work, so make sure if your car is ABS equipped that you get a ABS equipped Knuckle

Front Shocks,
-ANY 88-00 Civic or 94-01 Integra (including the ITR) front shocks will bolt up to the 5th Gen.
-4th Gen front shocks will bolt up ONLY if you use the 4th Gen. lower shock fork. 4th Gens use a shock body that is smaller so you have to use fork than came with the shock.
-Further 4th Gen note: 4th Gens. have less suspension travel than 5 or 6th Gen civics, thus the shock bodies are shorter than 5th or 6th gens, so you can run out of shock travel, particularly when lowered, and could bottom out with 4th Gen shocks in a 5th or 6th Gen civic.

Front Springs
-ANY 88-00 Civic or 94-01 Integra front springs will bolt up to the 5th Gen, but there will be a difference in ride height depending on what spring you use.
-Integra Springs generally have a higher spring rate than the Civic springs (stiffer) but not by much.
-The ITR on the other hand has a much higher rate spring than a regular Integra or a Civic and a EG sits about 1"lower than stock … so it is a nice upgrade for 5TH GENS

Front Sway-bar
-All 88-00 Civic and 94-01 Integra sway-bar may be swapped in as long as you get the associated end-links, bushings and D-brackets.
-If your car did NOT originally come with a sway bar you have to swap in the LCA's from a sway bar equipped 88-00 Civic or 94-01 Integra

Front Sub-frame
The 88-00 Civic and 94-01 Integra front sub-frames are compatible with one another, but there seems to be a difference between sub-frames the manual steering and power steering equipped cars …I have not been able to confirm or deny this yet

Front Sub-Frame Brace
-The 95-97 DelSol Vtec (DOHC) and 94-01 Integra front sub-frame brace will bolt up to ANY 92-95 Civic sub-frame. This helps stiffen up the lower suspension mounts point s and do NOT hang down below the car like most aftermarket lower braces (not sure if 88-91, or 96-00 never tried)

REAR

Trailing arms
-There are two types, Disk brake equipped, and Drum brake equipped.
-The Disk brake equipped trailing arms are compatible with all Disk brake equipped 88-00 Civic trailing arms, and 94-01 Integra trailing arms.
-These disk brake trailing arms are also VERY similar to 88-00 Civic and 90-93 Integra rear disk trailing arms … there is only a small difference in a couple of accessory brackets I believe.

Upper control arms (UCA)
I "think" they are compatible with the 94-01 Teg … but I am not 100% yet There is some discussion if the length of the arm varies by Generation … but the mounting points are the same (chassis and trailing arm)

Front compensator arms (toe arms)
-They are compatible with the 94-01 Teg Compensator arms

Lower control arms (LCA)
-There are two types … sway bar equipped and non sway bar equipped LCA's
-All 89-95 Civics/CRX's EXCEPT the Civic EX-V, CRXsi, and DelSol Vtec have similar LCA's that do NOT have the mounting point for a sway-bar end-link
-The DelSol Vtec, the 89-91 CRX si and the 92-95 Civic EX-V have a rear sway bar and as a result their LCA's have mounting points for the Sway-bar end-links.
-The DelSol Vtec and EX-V LCA's are the SAME as the 94-00 Integra LCA's (non ITR) as all Integra's came with rear sway bars.
-The Sway bar equipped LCA's can be swapped for the non-sway bar equipped LCA's with any problems
-ITR's and the 88 CRX use a different style LCA … the shocks lower mounting is a "EYE" style where the shock goes thru the LCA and is bolted thru …
-The Rest of the Civic's/Integra's use a "Shackle" style lower shock mount where the shock bolts around the LCA.
-So if you want to use 88 CRX or ITR rear shocks on your EG civic you must use ITR LCA's
-Note: in Japan most 92-95 Civics' used the ITR style LCA

Shocks
-ANY 89-95 Civic or 94-01 Integra (except ITR) rear shock will bolt up to the 5th Gen. The 88 Civic or ITR rear Shock will bolt up but you need to use the ITR style 88 Civic LCA or the ITR LCA
-Further 4th Gen note: 4th Gens. have less suspension travel than 5 or 6th Gen civics, thus the shock bodies are shorter than 5th or 6th gens, so you can run out of shock travel, particularly when lowered, and could bottom out with 4th Gen shocks in a 5th or 6th Gen civic.
The 96-00 Civic Shocks will bolt up BUT you need to narrow the LCA Shock bushing as these shocks have narrower lower shackles.

Sway-bars
-Rear sway bars came only on the 88-95 Civic/CRX Si, EX-V, and the DelSol Vtec. So these sway bars can be bolted up to any non sway bar equipped EF/EG …IF you use the appropriate LCA's. End-links, D-brackets, bushings, and bolts.
-There are holes to mount the sway-bar bracket to the rear sub-frame … but there might not be any captive nuts for the bolt to attach to, but you can add these easy enough.
-The Sway bars from the 94-01 Integra's can also be bolted up to a EF/EG, BUT the 22mm rear bar WILL tear out the rear sub-frame unless it is reinforced with a Beaks kit or similar setup.

Sway-bar Sizes
-92-95 Civic Si/EX, 13mm
-Del Sol Vtec (DOHC) 15mm
-94-00 Integra RS/LS 13mm
-94-00 Integra GSR 14mm
-97-00 Integra Type R (ITR) 22mm

Hope this helps someone!