Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#307583 Epic tuning is making a kit.

Talked with them plenty of times. just waiting for them at this point.
By LionHearted1
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
mitch6 wrote:
LionHearted1 wrote:
Quote:
there is tons of things you can do lol

I have wired up DC2, EK, and S2K clusters into eg's, changed out the seats, My car has an ek center console conversion, DC spindle and brake conversions (4 wheel disk) etc...

If you want pics check out my build, and the DIY secion has tons of info

There certainly is!

I love the S2K cluster in your EG6. Was it hard to do?

the research was the tricky part seeing as most, if not all DIY's are incomplete... some of the wiring posted on the DIY's were no good, so I had to refer to some more accurate findings If anyone needs some info or sites for information on the S2K cluster swap, pm me

Once all the research was done, took me about 6 hours to install and have it programmed and on the road, had to redo the wiring because the first time had a few mix ups... lots of wires!!! I am actually a 4th year electrical engineering student, not saying that ahs anything to do with this swap, but it does show I enjoy electrical work

Nice to see a fellow EE in here

IMO S2k Cluster swap is pricey. first of all you have a cluster that runs for 150-200 (AP1 is cheaper than AP2) then you have to buy Speedohealer and the water temp box. and if you are not good with wiring - then a wire harness.

it will run you close to 300-450 depending on deals and prices.
it looks dope though

Eesh... I think Ill pass on all that. Not a huge fan of wiring! But the solder on my cluster is going bad, so I figure Ill just swap it with a DC2 one, I think thats only like... 16 some odd wires you have to connect.
By DontHateonEG8
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:Epic tuning is making a kit.

its not gonna be plug and play though - and I'm sure it will be cheaper to do a k-swap then the kit cost alone

LionHearted1 wrote:

Eesh... I think Ill pass on all that. Not a huge fan of wiring! But the solder on my cluster is going bad, so I figure Ill just swap it with a DC2 one, I think thats only like... 16 some odd wires you have to connect.

if you are not good with wiring, just stick with e.g. clusters
you still have to de-pin/re-pin the wires to convert the DC2 cluster. don't forget the pig tails either
By LionHearted1
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 pm Post subject:
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:
Epic tuning is making a kit.

its not gonna be plug and play though - and I'm sure it will be cheaper to do a k-swap then the kit cost alone

LionHearted1 wrote:

you still have to de-pin/re-pin the wires to convert the DC2 cluster. don't forget the pig tails either

I was under the impression that I had to find a DC cluster, cut the connector off, then go to my eg, cut those connectors off, and solder the DC2 connectors onto the wires from the EG, according to a diagram thats on Honda Tech.

Am I wrong?
By DontHateonEG8
LionHearted1 wrote:
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 pm Post subject:
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:
Epic tuning is making a kit.

LionHearted1 wrote:

I was under the impression that I had to find a DC cluster, cut the connector off, then go to my eg, cut those connectors off, and solder the DC2 connectors onto the wires from the EG, according to a diagram thats on Honda Tech.

Am I wrong?

thats the idea
By mitch6
LionHearted1 wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
mitch6 wrote:
LionHearted1 wrote:
Quote:
there is tons of things you can do lol

I have wired up DC2, EK, and S2K clusters into eg's, changed out the seats, My car has an ek center console conversion, DC spindle and brake conversions (4 wheel disk) etc...

If you want pics check out my build, and the DIY secion has tons of info

There certainly is!

I love the S2K cluster in your EG6. Was it hard to do?

the research was the tricky part seeing as most, if not all DIY's are incomplete... some of the wiring posted on the DIY's were no good, so I had to refer to some more accurate findings If anyone needs some info or sites for information on the S2K cluster swap, pm me

Once all the research was done, took me about 6 hours to install and have it programmed and on the road, had to redo the wiring because the first time had a few mix ups... lots of wires!!! I am actually a 4th year electrical engineering student, not saying that ahs anything to do with this swap, but it does show I enjoy electrical work

Nice to see a fellow EE in here

IMO S2k Cluster swap is pricey. first of all you have a cluster that runs for 150-200 (AP1 is cheaper than AP2) then you have to buy Speedohealer and the water temp box. and if you are not good with wiring - then a wire harness.

it will run you close to 300-450 depending on deals and prices.
it looks dope though

I wired one up for someone on this forum site, the dc2 cluster. It's easy, let me know if u need extra wiring guides, I have good info
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307866 do the DC clusters, and Ek clusters and AP clusters all fit inside ours? or is it a moddification process? i'm not afraid of wiring as long as i have a diagram just nervous about cutting up body/interior parts :oops:
By DontHateonEG8
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:do the DC clusters, and Ek clusters and AP clusters all fit inside ours? or is it a moddification process? i'm not afraid of wiring as long as i have a diagram just nervous about cutting up body/interior parts :oops:

DC and EK at least take up 90% of the space and you can use metal strips to mount the clusters.
AP clusters - not so much.
go to the DIY page and read up
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307876 will do sir! lol :thumb:
By LionHearted1
#307950 I know the EG clusters are notorious for using a poor quality solder. I guess high temperatures can cause it to crack and make the cluster semifunctional.

Does anyone know if the DC2s used the same solder? Im on my second EG cluster, and if this one goes bad, Ill just install a DC2 one, assuming it will eliminate my problem.
By DeanPant
#307951 I managed to do the following to my EG:

DC2 steering rack
DC2 dash and cluster, console, armrest delete etc (fitting the dash isnt too bad, takes a fair amount of trimming though)
DC2 pedal box
DC2 brake booster
DC2 control arms, brakes, hubs (4x114 up front - have to run multi pcd wheels, kinda sux)
DC2 motor, tranny lol
DC2 sway bar, subframe brace
DC2 gear linkage / shifter

if u need a write up on any of these or help, PM me ill gladly help
By LionHearted1
#307994 What are some of the advantages of the DC2 steering rack over the EG one?

I'd be interested in installing a center console, dashboard, and sway bar.

I'll have to PM you about those later.
By DeanPant
#307996 the DC2 steering rack has tighter ratios (faster action) so its great for turn in.. :thumb:

its straight bolt in although u need the DC2 coupler to connect it to the EG steering collum
By LionHearted1
I managed to do the following to my EG:

DC2 steering rack
DC2 dash and cluster, console, armrest delete etc (fitting the dash isnt too bad, takes a fair amount of trimming though)
DC2 pedal box
DC2 brake booster
DC2 control arms, brakes, hubs (4x114 up front - have to run multi pcd wheels, kinda sux)
DC2 motor, tranny lol
DC2 sway bar, subframe brace
DC2 gear linkage / shifter

if u need a write up on any of these or help, PM me ill gladly help

PM'ed about some of the write ups.

Do you need to use Integra LCAs to fit an Integra sway bar? From what Ive been reading online you need them, an a set of aftermarket bushings, and a bit of elbow grease...

Anyone with some experience with this?