Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xjm92x
#302361 Okay guys of course it has to be a leak but the only thin that confuses me is i was driving and brakeing all good and dandy i stopped at wendys and next thing i know when i was pulling out of the parking lit my brke peddle sunk all the way in n wen i got home i saw that allll the fluid was gone this has happend before but i was driving fine one night brake were good n the next morning no fluid in the resovior and their was nothing on my driveway what could be wrong???
By 92civic_vx
#302370 check wheel cylinders if you have drum brakes or maybe master cyl internal leak :?
By Dport
#302380 ^^ What he said. If you blew a wheel cylinder out on drum breaks, it will go through fluid like no ones business. I would take off your drums (if you have them of course) and check them out. If you do have drums, your shoes are probably worn down too far, which is why your wheel cylinder blew out. Replace everything, problem fixed!

If that doesn't work, double check all of your brake lines, any fittings, and just go over everything to make sure none of your fittings are leaking. The back side of your drum breaks tend to rust, and can break pretty easy or start to leak, so check that too!
By xjm92x
#302406 I have all disk brakes no drums but i dont know if this is relevant or not sometimes when im driving i can hear what sounds like splashin water comming from the front of the car
By Dport
#302416 Grab a buddy and have him sit in the car, with the car running. Then have him hit the brakes while you look under the hood. Your prop valve might be leaking, or your master cylinder, or the break booster even. Get under and really take a took at it.
By elrompetoto
xjm92x wrote:I have all disk brakes no drums but i dont know if this is relevant or not sometimes when im driving i can hear what sounds like splashin water comming from the front of the car
that splashing is the fluid in side ur brake boster ur mc is leaking Chang ur mc and drain the fluid out of ur brake boster if u leave it in there it will eat the ruber difram and fuck the boster uP
By xjm92x
#302427 Okay guys i found where the leak is comming from

:x What are my options??
By trackEG4
#302428 You need to renew the rubber seal..... or get a 2nd hand caliper?
Its not too bad.... were your pads all the way down?
By xjm92x
#302433 A new caliper for 30 bucks? A refurbed one is like 88 at pep boys im gunna check some junk yards
By Dport
#302455 It would just be best to buy a new one and replace it. Easiest thing to do. :thumb:
By xjm92x
#302496 Its even worse now everytime i put fluid in it come right out i also think the splashing noise is comming from my abs pump cuz it sounds like is comming from the right side of the car
By xjm92x
#303139 Okay guys i just changed te caliper and added fluid i pumpe the brake peddle but the preassure dosent build and i opend the bleeder screw and nothing came out. Now what