Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By neo27ny
#299987 I'm having an inconsistent idle issue. The car idles high when cold and slowly starts to drop down as it warms up which is normal. It stops between 800 and 1K rpms and hangs there which I think is where It's supposed to be. Anyway it seems the more the car warms up...if i rev it some or have taken it for a ride, the rpms will want to stay real low at idle. I'm guessing around 5 or 600 rpms it's pretty much bottomed out on the guage and makes my car shake from vibration. Weird thing is if I press the brake idle comes up some, if i pump the brakes i can get the idle back up to around 800 or 1K rpms hangs there for a second then it drops back to being almost bottomed out. Any ideas?
By Migu3l-EG sedan
#300167 i have the same problem :x except mine idles at 6 or 800 rpm. and it sometimes bottoms out to a dangerous 200 or so rpm but it wont stall just vibrates like crazy. :?
By DeanPant
#300188 clean the aicv, located at the back of the intake manifold
By dawg316
#300251 hondas and there idle. biggest Pain in the arse

make shure ur coolant is fully bled and toped up. clean the iacv also remove the throtal body, clean that bitch out. also when the throtal body is out. its much easyier to clean the FITCV . rember when setting the fitcv back. screw the adjuster all the way down. then back it out 1/4 to half turn. i left mine screwed all the way in and i regretting it. gotta rip it out again and re do it
By HungRealLow21
dawg316 wrote:hondas and there idle. biggest Pain in the arse

make shure ur coolant is fully bled and toped up. clean the iacv also remove the throtal body, clean that bitch out. also when the throtal body is out. its much easyier to clean the FITCV . rember when setting the fitcv back. screw the adjuster all the way down. then back it out 1/4 to half turn. i left mine screwed all the way in and i regretting it. gotta rip it out again and re do it

why are you regreting it i put mine all the way in and seems fine?