Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By neo27ny
#299683 my car has been sitting for awhile, finally took it for a drive yesterday but I had to pull hard and force it to come out of park, is this a common problem any ideas of what it could be? Thanks.
By neo27ny
#299684 It's auto btw. I went to check and see if i got brakes lights and i do and i can hear the relay clicking to release the lock. The shifter button presses in but I have to pull hard to get it to come out of park, feels like something is catching. It's only in park too, coming out of park or back in. All the other gears are smooth switching between them. Any ideas?
By TrailerTrash
#299693 are you pushing on the brake when u try to shift?
By neo27ny
#299716 yes I'm pushing the brake. I don't know what else to say. I press in the brake pedal, you can hear a click in the center shifter console of the relay releasing the lock. I can then press the button in on the shifter but it doesn't want to come out of park without really forcing it. I'm afraid i'm going to damage something. Same thing going back into park, you really have to put some force into it. anyone have any ideas?
By EG Love
#299742 i'm really not sure, you could try taking the center console piece off, and try looking for something out of the ordinary? I vaguely remember taking one of those apart
By neo27ny
#299786 I took the center console apart. Everything seems to be working properly. I think it's in the shifter cable..