Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Flatland_EG
#289410 I've got manual window cranks in my sedan and the regulator on the drivers door stripped out so I have a couple of quick questions I'd like to ask.
A) Will a regulator from a coupe work in a sedan?
B) Are the regulators for the back windows of my sedan the same as the front? I figure I can use the back in the front so I at least have a working window until I can get a replacement.

Thanks. :)
By 92civic_vx
#289414 A) no, coupes and hatches have longer doors regulator will be to big 4 a sedan
B)i think the front and rear are different, you could look them up on like autozone or whatever site you want and see if the part #s are the same if they are then it will work.
By Flatland_EG
#289420 I called Oreilly's and they said that the only listing for a sedan they had was for the back doors, hence my assumption that they might be the same. :?

I'm also wondering if the same part was carried over to the next gen, 96-00.
I noticed that a lot of parts, aftermarket especially, are labeled as '92-'00 so I'm curious if other OEM parts were carried over as well. If so this will greatly increase my search area.

*edit* I found my answer for the front and rear compatibility. The rear is a completely different, cable driven, design. SH*T! :x
By bigpunn421
#290695 my rear window wont roll down at all. i havent removed the door panel yet because of weather. so i dont know what im working with. do you know how it works?

can you take pics of your rear door manual window reg?
By Apexracing
#290722 good time to convert to power windows
By asianrob
#290900 i ordered a regulator from 1a auto and they were excellent.
By bigpunn421
Apexracing wrote:good time to convert to power windows

tell me more. how much does that conversion usually cost? how hard is it?

is my 95 civic dx pre wired?
By Apexracing
bigpunn421 wrote:
Apexracing wrote:good time to convert to power windows

tell me more. how much does that conversion usually cost? how hard is it?

is my 95 civic dx pre wired?

easiest route is to grab the complete doors from a power model. grab the harness's and relays and your golden.
By Flatland_EG
asianrob wrote:i ordered a regulator from 1a auto and they were excellent.

I just checked them out earlier today, no manual but plenty of power regulators. :( :)

As soon as I get paid I'm heading out to a salvage yard less than 20 miles from where I live that says they have one, I should be able to pick it up for around $35. :thumb:
By bigpunn421
#291555 yea i think im going to stay with manual.

if the window doesnt roll down whats usuall wrong?

is the whole window regulator garbage or can it be fixed?

as soon as synapse re tunes my ride i can drive to a garage and take it apart
By Flatland_EG
#291569 I took my old one apart to see what was wrong, the crank would turn but it didn't do anything. The gear portion itself is enclosed and packed with grease so you have to drill out three spots where it's pressed together, the gear itself was fine but there was a metal cup that surrounds the gear that keeps it place that was cracked in half.
I'm guessing your best bet is to just get a replacement, it's not really worth the hassle to try to repair it unless it's one of the arms on the regulator then it might be fixable, I guess it's all a matter of how much time or money you want to spend on it to get it working again.

I did get a replacement from the salvage yard, I had to pull it myself but for less than $40 with tax I really can't complain. Plus it's the exact same car, a DX, so there's plenty of other parts on it I can get if need be. :thumb: It's in a smaller rural salvage yard so I don't think it'll be going anywhere to soon. :)