Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By optimuslc
#277710 Just changed to a brandnew 2 row/core aluminum rad, but my beloved ride still overheats. I had to direct the fan to constant engagement. Bad or good? pls need experienced advice.
By Ecc0
#277711 Have you got any check lights coming up at all?

If so figure out what it relates to and work from there may be something like a code 6 which is thermo sensor faulty or not plugged in.

If your not getting any check lights check all earth points for the thermostat and temp sensors also check to see if the thermostat sensor has any gunk on it by taking it out and looking (when engine is fully cold) you may find you have a build up of shot on it if this still doesn't help you could try changing your thermostat and or it's sensor both very easy jobs to do
By eg-guy
#277729 change out the thermostat

bleed air from coolant system (do this first)

since the fan doesn't turn on by itself, replace the fan switch.

only other thing i can think of is blown headgasket at the worst.

does the car have white smoke rolling out the tailpipe?
check the coolant for oil, check the oil dipstick for bubbles.
By 92hatchie
#277759 water pump? is your coolant circulating?
By optimuslc
#277769 every time I get into traffic my guage goes up more than half. but now my fan just perpetualy turns. is this good or bad?
By lunaticracer21
#277935 take out the thermostat.and run the car see if it over heats...or let the car run and touch the upper hose see if hot then touch the lower see if hot if cold thermostat is not working
By optimuslc
#278009 thanks so much guys! il try all your sugestions. will keep posted on results. Thank you so much. :)