Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By f1roze
#275214 Its not working anyways. thought il get rid of it from the engine bay. do i need to get smaller size belts?
By Ecc0
#275215 The AC rounds on it's own circuit the belt is separate so can be taken out on it's own you can then also remove the compressor and pipping very simple job.

I live in the uk and not much need for AC so I pull it out of most my cars
By Datsmart
#275758 I run my AC more in the winter than summer. It is great for clearing moisture off the windows in damp weather.
Bet you have your share of that in the UK too.

Don't take the compressor nor the belt off, if you never turn the AC on, there is no load put on the engine, the compressor has almost zero drag if the AC clutch does not engage. When you want to sell the car, all the parts will be there. I avoid cars that have been stripped like that.
By chrono404
Datsmart wrote:I run my AC more in the winter than summer. It is great for clearing moisture off the windows in damp weather.
Bet you have your share of that in the UK too.

Don't take the compressor nor the belt off, if you never turn the AC on, there is no load put on the engine, the compressor has almost zero drag if the AC clutch does not engage. When you want to sell the car, all the parts will be there. I avoid cars that have been stripped like that.

x2

I have wished everytime I got a Civic that I had A/C. I have it on my WRX and would never remove it. The advantages of not frying in the summer and clearing windows in the winter way outway a "Clean bay" IMO.

I agree with Datsmart in not buying cars that have had P/S and A/C Removed. I turned down a good trade in my favor because of it.
By I<3ferioEG8
#276575 i also plan on doing this, so removing the ac compressor wouldn't help me regain any power loss from using it? the compressor is still attached to my motor but i cut the belt off because it squeaks like crazy.
By RWMIII
I<3ferioEG8 wrote:i also plan on doing this, so removing the ac compressor wouldn't help me regain any power loss from using it? the compressor is still attached to my motor but i cut the belt off because it squeaks like crazy.

no, when the compressor is not engaged it spins freely.