Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By surinamkid
#264598 im not sure if this is the right section if noti do apologise. the problem im having is that the interior of my car gets hotter than outside the car i can feel the heat coming up from the floor and quite possibly the engine bay any advice on how to fix this?
By eg-guy
surinamkid wrote:im not sure if this is the right section if noti do apologise. the problem im having is that the interior of my car gets hotter than outside the car i can feel the heat coming up from the floor and quite possibly the engine bay any advice on how to fix this?

turn the ac on lol
By RWMIII
scrape n pavement wrote:
surinamkid wrote:im not sure if this is the right section if noti do apologise. the problem im having is that the interior of my car gets hotter than outside the car i can feel the heat coming up from the floor and quite possibly the engine bay any advice on how to fix this?

turn the ac on lol

:lol:

is your interior gutted?
By surinamkid
#264794 lol i would but my ac compressor failed i replace that tommorow. but it shouldnt be normal that i can feel heat coming through my cars floor board in sum spot but not others
By RWMIII
surinamkid wrote:lol i would but my ac compressor failed i replace that tommorow. but it shouldnt be normal that i can feel heat coming through my cars floor board in sum spot but not others

where exactly are these hotspots?
By eg-guy
#264813 ^^x2 is ur interior gutted?
By Ajax1989
#264819 is the lil boot that covers the shifter on...
not the shift boot, but the rubber under the center console where the shifter is

if not ur heat from the cat is comin into the
car and warming things up
By surinamkid
#264861 right under my gas pedal, under my seat,the shifter should probably mention car is automatic and no car is not gutted but could the factory heat shielding be worn out if so whats a suitable replacement? im droping in a boosted b in the spring but id like to get the heat problem taken care of so as to not have to worry about my sneakers melting off :twisted:
By EJ1_MK
#264862 Do you drive during the winter? sounds like the spot under your seat might just be thin from salt from the winters. As far as the firewall that can be pretty normal, but your temp gauges is right around the middle at all time correct?
By EJ1_MK
#264870 ^^ Agree
By surinamkid
#264871 yeah i drive in the winter come to think of it my car was literally buried in snow for about 2 weeks. ill check in the morning if there are any holes. thanks again guys
By eg-guy
surinamkid wrote:right under my gas pedal, under my seat,the shifter should probably mention car is automatic and no car is not gutted but could the factory heat shielding be worn out if so whats a suitable replacement? im droping in a boosted b in the spring but id like to get the heat problem taken care of so as to not have to worry about my sneakers melting off :twisted:

^^^i agree, jack ur car up and take a look. Pull up ur carpet n c if anythings out of the ordinary, any seals missing from ur firewall, floor, etc?

i doubt its ur heat shield, i took a few of the heat shields off cause they started rattling under the car i cant tell a difference with out em.