Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By optimuslc
#263391 using a stock radiator, and it just got overhauled recently, had a steady temp for a few weeks and now i,m having overheating problems, my temp guage goes up more than half. I flushed my rad and things got beter for a few days and then just recent my temp rose again. Could this be a faulty rad? or could it be engine dirt goes in my rad? pls need experienced advise. :)
By asianrob
#263539 could be air pockets. or hell could be bad rad cap?

did you let your car run with the cap off when you started?
By optimuslc
#263559 I flushed my rad and run it more than 20min til the temp normalized to slighty higher than one forth in the temp. then put the cap back on. its a new cap with a higher pressure rating. 1.1. I dont know whats bugging my EG sirs. could it be dirt from my engine enterring my rad and clogging it?
By nvturbo
#263569 Did you bleed the air out of the system? If there is excess air, the temperature will likely rise. Do this before swapping out the radiator again.
By optimuslc
#263595 I think i bled it out, i made it run for 20min til the temp rose normally and the fan turned on a couple of times. but i dont know if that sufficient to get rid of air bubbles.
By nvturbo
#263609 Let the engine warm up and open the bleeder valve at the neck on the motor. Try not to stand right in front of it. You will see steam come out of the nozzle. Use a rag to catch spilling coolant and close the valve immediately when you see coolant come out. This method works everytime.
By carlos123est
#263692 idk if this has work for any one else but my dad used to take the thermostat out of the housing and it worked good like dat
By RWMIII
carlos123est wrote:idk if this has work for any one else but my dad used to take the thermostat out of the housing and it worked good like dat

Running without a thermostat results in very high temps as the coolant never has time to sit in the radiator and properly cool. Not to mention it is only a band-aid as to what the real problem is.
By optimuslc
#263743 I found the source, i really dirty/rusty rad and fan that got disconected. rust still eneters my rad, will run/flush it again tommorow. Is there much difference with 2 row rad compared to just 1? sit significantly cooler to swap to a thicker rad?