Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By imtyson
#262889 is it just me or does anyone hate this mechanism....?

so one day it was rainning and my friend decides to row the window down and bam the window crank doesn't want the window to row back up. so what i did for a temporary fix was to just glide the window back to the top position. when i checked it in the morning i looked at the regulator, and it was these two wire that would take the window up and down. never seen these before in coupes so i was clueless..... does anyone have any info on this on how to fix the window? its not off track by anyway just the mechanism is all wacked out. any DIY out there? i tried to search but i kept getting power window stuff or coupes.
By mr67volks
#263940 look for regulator tips on the VW forums , if i recall they are like the mk4s and beetles
By RWMIII
#263945 if you have any mechanical inclinitity then you can replace the window regulator/motor assembly easily. Havent seen an EG specific diy, but almost all of these are the same. With the exception of the ones that are pop riveted in.