Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By optimuslc
#262636 my PW just stopped working last night. it suddenly just got stiff and difficult to steer. when i checked under. the reservoir seems to overflowed and the fluid remains full, fluid all around the area too. what can this mean? and wot is the culprit to cause this? wanted to ask some experienced advise before taking it to a mechanic. thanks so much! :)
By Ajax1989
#262637 can u still steer the car?

and wot as in wide open throttle???
By toofast2bserious
#262645 here is what u do rip out the power steering pump out. you dont need it plus it adds 1-2 hp also it a honda not a caddy
By RWMIII
#262681 The fluid pushing out of the top of the reservior can be caused by air being sucked into the pump thru the suction side of the system. Possibly a cracked reservior, inlet hose or front pump seal. Look for fluid leaking from the pump, lines, or resevoir.
If no leaks are found then it looks like you have a bad rack and pinion.
By optimuslc
#262779 sirs, just found out that it wasnt my PW thats the problem, its my main drive pulley that stopped turning. that caused my PW to stop, my alternator to stop. was able to drive it tho for more than 5 kilometers going home. I hope that my alternator and my PW can be salvaged from this. :(