Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By #ROBIN#
#261175 so my bumper came loose where it meets the fender (rhs) and i thought o well time for a new bumper. i then inspected the damage and the hole where your screw goes through, the thin part snapped (common problem i believe or was told by honda), so i have found a solution(if it was done before then its no biggie, no harm in seeing two or more lol)...

also i can now line the bumper up closer to the fender.
Materials needed:
- 1.5 mm sheet metal (use you imagination as i took the most appropiate one i could find in our workshop)/ aluminium (EGg OH's great idea)
- 2x self tapering screws (flat heads)

Tools:
-drill & drill bit (according to your screw size)
-screwdrivers
-haxsaw (make sure your blade is new or fairly new, i dont want you to waste time)
-a extra pair hands to keep your bumper in place (you dont need to have an extra pair but would make it easier)
--rivet gun and some rivets (EGg OH's idea)

Time Taken:

-10 minutes (my saw was blunt)

PRO's
-saved lots of $$$ (no need for a new bumper)
-looks neat
-sense of knowing that it will never ever rip again

CON's

-maybe slightly heavier than before (if you really want to anal)

here you guys,

above: i used round headed self tapering screws, i suggest you using flat heades ones ...

:thumb: , enjoy your neatly fitted bumper
Last edited by #ROBIN# on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By K!RK_180i
#261194 niice DIY bra i really need to do this
By HatchbackCrusader
#261217 :o You don't understand, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for something like this!!!!!!!!! For damn near 2 years! LOL Thanks, going to try it today! :thumb:
By ImThaBean
#261225 Sweet DIY, what I did was just get 2 big washers and bolted it all up really tight. The washers held the good "meat" to keep it together, this is a better solution. I got to keep this in mind next time I take off my bumper. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#261271 dang thats a good idea :thumb:

i got mine held together with a couple zipties :lol:
By #ROBIN#
#261342 i tried the washers, but being on the track/touge you car takes heavy knocks and the washers tend to slip...

no problem guys, i am always taking info from civic-eg, so im giving back :thumb:
By kingjmack
#261343 Sweet! I've seen plenty of bumpers that need this, so I'll pass the info along.
By #ROBIN#
#261350 this is something i have found weird, my right hand side of my bumper lines up nicely but the left does not... then i checked out some of my spoon ferio pics and it sits exact same...common problem?

Image\

:?
By 1ACarlos
#261380 Thanks
By #ROBIN#
1ACarlos wrote:Thanks

no fuss, i am glad that i can give back to this community :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#ROBIN# wrote:this is something i have found weird, my right hand side of my bumper lines up nicely but the left does not... then i checked out some of my spoon ferio pics and it sits exact same...common problem?

Image\

:?

i have the same problem and so does a lot of people i see....so im guessing it is common
By Ajax1989
#266801 ive noticed that the right side of the bumper hangs.. its irrates the shit outta me

and i did this with an old bumper i had i cut the circle out and screwed it in.. but this seems ezier.. imma prob do that this weekend!
By Flatland_EG
#266827 If I may, might I suggest using pop rivets instead of screws and flat aluminum instead of steel. The rivets mount a lot flusher than screws and are made of aluminum, along with the flat aluminum it pretty eliminates any rust issues down the road. :thumb:
You can usually pick up a pop rivet gun with rivets at places like Harbor Freight for $10-$15 and any home improvement store should have the aluminum, if not, try a hobby shop, they usually stock flat metal strapping and such for people that work on RC planes, helicopters, car etc.

All in all, I'm definitely going to remember this for when I get around to putting a new bumper on the sedan. Thanks for the write up :D
By JohnRM
EGg OH! wrote:If I may, might I suggest using pop rivets instead of screws and flat aluminum instead of steel. The rivets mount a lot flusher than screws and are made of aluminum, along with the flat aluminum it pretty eliminates any rust issues down the road. :thumb:
You can usually pick up a pop rivet gun with rivets at places like Harbor Freight for $10-$15 and any home improvement store should have the aluminum, if not, try a hobby shop, they usually stock flat metal strapping and such for people that work on RC planes, helicopters, car etc.

All in all, I'm definitely going to remember this for when I get around to putting a new bumper on the sedan. Thanks for the write up :D

I thought of rivets too, but that it seems more work if you have to take the bumper off
By #ROBIN#
EGg OH! wrote:If I may, might I suggest using pop rivets instead of screws and flat aluminum instead of steel. The rivets mount a lot flusher than screws and are made of aluminum, along with the flat aluminum it pretty eliminates any rust issues down the road. :thumb:

wow- im dumb, thats a brilliant idea man :thumb: ... if you dont mind i will update the initial post with this method aswell

Thanks EGg OH