Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kagedws6
#239591 I was wondering, the doorlock on my drivers door is different then the rest of the locks. I worked briefly somewhere as dispatch for a locksmith so I know its possible to repin a lock to match the current key as I figure there would be a lot more work and expense trying to replace all my locks. this has been annoying especially when its raining and having to run to the passanger's side to unlock the car and crawl threw to hit the power door lock. I thought about installing keyless entry but I'd still know the one lock wouldn't match and it would drive me nuts.

I really just want to confirm that its possible to repin the door lock
any suggestions on how to remove it as I haven't pulled everything apart enough to look at it yet.
and any helpful tips anyone might have (especially if your local and want to help or guide me to the best/most cost effective locksmith too)
By Coplies
#243895 Yes, the door lock can be re-pined to match the rest of the car very easily. You can pull the door panel off and remove all the bolts and the retainer clip and bring just the lock into a locksmith. If you do all the work to pull the lock it would probably only cost you like $10 to have a locksmith re-key it
By civic 808
#255383 After you pull out the lock cylinder, the lock keys can be replaced to match the passenger's lock. Each key has a number printed on it from 1 to 6, match the numbers from the passengers side to the drivers side.
* note be careful for the small spring with each key :)
By lypiz
#271870 Hi friends, it is very easy to re - pined the door lock For this simply you have to pull the door panel off. Change the door lock from the motor mechanic; it is very important from the security point of view. After getting the solution secure yourself that no other person can set the door lock different in different window in the future.Hopefully your problem will be resolved soon.
Last edited by lypiz on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RWMIII
lypiz wrote:Hi friends, it is very easy to re - pined the door lock and to match the door lock of the car rest of the lock. For this simply you have to pull the door panel off. Change the door lock from the motor mechanic; it is very important from the security point of view. After getting the solution secure yourself that no other person can set the door lock different in different window in the future.

:eh:
By kagedws6
#272374 lol I still need to do this just had an issue at the time not being able to find a local locksmith then my wife complained (at the time she was driving my civic to and from work but then got her own car) that I had the door panel off so could easily get the lock when I found it. I've since added keyless entry to the car (still haven't had the lock repined :P ) but will be doing that soon. not sure what the post 2 above mine was talking about or why they brought this thread back to life but I guess I should thank them because I hadn't noticed anyone had replied with the info I needed.
By kingjmack
kagedws6 wrote: I've since added keyless entry to the car .

What system did you install? I've been wanting some kind of keyless entry so I can unlock/lock the doors with a keyfob