Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By phantom-raceR
#238320 hey guys i have this problem where my plugs are as white as a mother...so i know im running lean, i have no mods really but just have a b20b motor fitted to my eg? went on the track saturday and on my 2nd run my management light went on and car started jerking really bad, but stood for a while turned off my ignition and back on and the light went off...so i figured could be that there was to much air in the motor and to little fuel. so if you guys can help to where i can first start with eliminating the problem.. :?
By phantom-raceR
#238323 oem ecu
oem fuel pump
oem injectors
cai

nothing major but got a the car with a "crystal" the term here in south africa it is a relay on your ecu that enable your oem ecu rev up till average 7.8 rpm's where a standard eg 1800cc rev till 6.8 rpm's. thanks.
By teal_dx
#238386 is the OEM ecu the one for your car originally or for your engine?

Have you changed the fuel filter? If it is clogged, that can restrict fuel.

If you really want to monitor your air fuel ratio, you should install a wideband A/F gauge or maybe borrow one since they're not cheap.
By phantom-raceR
#238432 Ecu is originally for the car.

I have changed the fuel filter not to long ago so not sure if it could be that

I'll ask around to see if I can get hold of a air fuel gauge

Thanks a lot for all the replies much appreciated
By teal_dx
#238459 If the car came with a smaller SOHC engine, then that ECU has the wrong fuel curves for a B20b. I'd get the correct ecu for that engine, or get a chipped ECU (crome, ectune, hondata, aem etc... not generic chipped) and get it dyno tuned :thumb:
By phantom-raceR
#238583 .My car came with a b18b so think that my ecu is fine for b20b but the chip would do me good so in next week I'll get it chipped but I don't think we have these chips in cape town but will check what will work best for my car

Thanks again for all the feedback and I'm excited to get this sorted so let the fun begin
By teal_dx
#238613 I didn't know your car came with B18B (I forget because US civics only came with sohc D series) so that ecu is not as bad as I thought.

I would start with picking up a wideband A/F gauge. Not exactly cheap but it's a good thing to have to monitor your engine.
By phantom-raceR
#238617 I'm not sure what the a/f gauge is,maybe we have some other name for it, are we speaking about a regulator for fuel where you can push the fuel up by adjusting the regulator @ teal if you can just explain to me more in detail what the a/f gauge does will help a lot thanks again for all the replies.
By teal_dx
#238619 Here's the type of gauge I mean:
digital readout:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... ts_id=5137

or an analog version:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... ts_id=6027
By Butterzz
#238622 What EG came with a B18B?

I think you should get the ECU code for us to make sure that you have the right one. To my knowledge, the only B series that came in the EG was the B16 in the JDM SiR.
By phantom-raceR
#238624 @ teal the stuff im seeing make sense but is a bit foreign for us in south africa...but ill go the chip route from here where they can check on the pc what is happening on my car.

@ butterzz in south africa we got eg's as follow
and please help me right all the cape town boys if im wrong

we got the:
150- d15 carb
160i- d16 sohc
160e- d or b16 dohc
180i- b18b
180e- b18b.
By K!RK_180i
phantom-raceR wrote:@ teal the stuff im seeing make sense but is a bit foreign for us in south africa...but ill go the chip route from here where they can check on the pc what is happening on my car.

@ butterzz in south africa we got eg's as follow
and please help me right all the cape town boys if im wrong

we got the:
150- d15 carb
160i- d16 sohc
160e- d or b16 dohc
180i- b18b
180e- b18b.

you got it right buddy i have a b18b eg :thumb: