Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By neo27ny
#236701 I just got a '93 lx and I'm going to guess that the tank has never been changed or any maintenance done in this area. I've looked under the car before but I wasn't specifically looking at the tank, it seemed to be alright. The night I brought my car home I used a quarter tank going 28 miles, didn't seem right to me. I'm just wondering if there are any common problem areas to check first. Thanks.
By asianrob
#236738 might need a tune up.
By Ajax1989
#236741 after the tune up, if it keeps happening, then ur gas gauge is messed up
which i herd is common with the eg's

ill go through a tank of gas and calulate my mpg and its like 15-17
then i found out my gas gauge wasnt reading the rite lvl of gas

ive yet to do it, but i want to get a 5gallon of gas as back up, fill my tank and just drive till my car runs outta gas and then calulate my mpg
By neo27ny
#237306 I don't think the gauage is off. I finally crawled underneath and saw what i thought was a glob of grease and the area was dark like thats where it was leaking from. I cleaned it up and found that it was a drainage bolt or something. I can't say that it was overly loose but it wasn't tight either I'm hoping this stops the leak. The gauge had dropped a quarter tank from sitting but stayed consistent afterwards, thinking that it was leaking from that drain plug and not the guage being off. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the responses. :thumb:
By asianrob
#237317 makes sense. Teal has a write up on that in the DIY section