Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JohnRM
#231798 Hey guys,

I've never really noticed until a friend pointed it out to me...but is our engine (d15b7) usually LOUD? I've been in a 6th gen hatch (d16y7) with close to the same horsepower as ours (106 and SOHC) but isn't necessarily loud enough for it to actually disturb anyone riding inside the car. So...when cruising on the freeway at about 70-75 MPH at 3000 RPM, the engine noise is very noticeable. Is this normal for our engine, or is there something wrong with mine!?

-John
By asianrob
#231801 it shouldn't be noisy. can you describe what noise its making?
By JohnRM
#231803 There isn't much to describe...it's just noise...Idling/cruising. There are no pinging/clicks/knocking noises. Kinda like a "VRRRRRRRRRRR" noises.

Similar to this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-aDmxdMYUs
As the RPM raises, it gets extremely loud! And this is inside the car.
By teal_dx
#231805 what trim level is your car? lower trim levels have less sound deadening.

Also engine mods will make a difference (obviously) and older higher mileage engines tend to be noisier
By JohnRM
#231830 @teal_dx,

I have an LX model. The only engine mod that I had was an AEM air intake. Took that off today for some cleaning. While doing that, I also compared sounds! It's still the same minus the deep throat of the AEM intake when full throttle.

I got this car from my godfather about 3 and a half years ago. Something that I found out right from the start is that the owner before him messed with the odometer...So when I got the car, it was at 13,000 miles :shock: ! But there are tags right on the driver side panel saying it was reset and it actually had ~110,000 miles before it was reset. So....the car right now is at....59,389 + 109,105 = 168,494 miles :thumb:
IMO, not bad at all! This is considering the average miles per year is 15,000 miles. Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 702AAn2hua
By gtstripes
#233912 i have this similar problem, when i get past 80km/h sounds like there is a jet underneath me, not even loud music can sound it out.

the noise is very deep and piercing as if the sound is coming from my brain!