Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By *EvE*
elrompetoto wrote:i will all so love 2 know how 2 take of and put it back on

u gonna show me how 2 take it off and put it back on???is that what im reading from this???
By JUICE
#222002 IIRC, they replace all that if you buy a new windshield from most auto glass companies. i'm pretty sure its gotta be taken out to put in new rubber...
By teal_dx
JUICE wrote:IIRC, they replace all that if you buy a new windshield from most auto glass companies. i'm pretty sure its gotta be taken out to put in new rubber...

truth... just got new windshield and there's little plastic clips that attach to the body that then attach to the trim.

Glas companies replace the clips because they usually break when you take the trim off, but they will re-use the trim pieces on the sides. If you want new ones, go to the dealership.

The ones in the first pic are beyond saving by repairing. It looks like there's parts of the rubber completely missing.
By elrompetoto
*EvE* wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:i will all so love 2 know how 2 take of and put it back on

u gonna show me how 2 take it off and put it back on???is that what im reading from this???
no im trying 2 fide out how u take it off with out fing up the clips 2
By RPGonzos_EJ
#222114 when i removed my windshield those pieces "looked" like they just slide up.

Like Teal said there are a few plastic clips holding it to the body, which if i had to guess are probably fairly cheap from Honda.

I tried sliding them up but the plastic was so brittle it just broke anyways, so i would suggest just get a flat head screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry starting at the bottom closest to the hood hinges. Once it starts moving or breaks it comes off fairly easy.

My plastic clips were installed with the factory windshield and to my knowledge the car never received another windshield so they are from 1993-94 and were BRITTLE. I wouldn't try to save them. Would just cause you grief in the long run if they break with the new moldings on there.

My 2 cents anyways ;-)
By RPGonzos_EJ
#222126 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=2DR+DX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+WINDSHIELD

I searched based on my 2 dr DX but i don't think there is a difference with the 4drs.

Forgot i had that search saved, when i get a chance i'll run a search on the 4dr and see if they are the same.

EDIT:::::::
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=4DR+DX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+WINDSHIELD

thats the 4 dr search, part numbers are different but prices look the same.