Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By gtstripes
#218517 oh ok then cheers for that! :) i thought i had to gut certain parts off first lol :) il post up pics of my interior when i finishd respraying, all black with white trim :D love how my handles turned out, black with white levers
By familyEGuy23
gtstripes wrote:Image this is a quick snap

This looks clean :thumb:
What did you use to paint the buttons/handles?
By gtstripes
#222528 il let u know when i get home. il post pics of my whole interior (finished re-spraying it) and i will take a pic of all the cans i used :D il b about 2hr :)
By familyEGuy23
#222530 :woot: thanx I've been planning on doing the same thing but didn't know where to start
By gtstripes
#222533 same, i have always wanted to do this for months and had the same problem lol, i started by respraying the pockets in the doors, then the switches then the handles and then door panels etc and went from there lol im uploadn pics now :)
By gtstripes
#222534 Image this is the pant i used the first can for the Dash and door panels, 2nd one (white vinyl and trim spray) for all the white pieces obviously lol, the 3rd one for light undercoats on the plastics (not really needed) and the last one for the black plastics.

here is the finished product (insted of passenger vent)

:) if u need more questions just ask n il answer asap
By familyEGuy23
gtstripes wrote:Image this is the pant i used the first can for the Dash and door panels, 2nd one (white vinyl and trim spray) for all the white pieces obviously lol, the 3rd one for light undercoats on the plastics (not really needed) and the last one for the black plastics.

here is the finished product (insted of passenger vent)

:) if u need more questions just ask n il answer asap

:shock: dude that looks super clean!!! :thumb:
I know what I'm doing tommorow after work haha going to look for that paint...ok so I have a few questions
1. What color was your interior before?
2. Does the paint feel sticky and does the sun affect your dashboard like cracks?
3. The last can is more for like the side skirts and side moldings?
4. Can I have your steering wheel? Haha
Sorry about all the questions :D
By gtstripes
#222540 haha thanx mate :P
it would be good if u find that paint, its so good lol now for ur questions :P
1. my interior was grey
2. nope! the interior paint is fkn SWEET lol it feels like factory vinyl, and nope i have no signs of cracks :)
3. yeah the last can can be used for the side mouldings and the side skirt
4. u can take my steering wheel haha lol im getn a new steering wheel when i get a job (studyng) lol

i know how hard it is to find EASY step-by-step guides how to pull apart the little bits and pieces so if u need any info just sing out :)
By familyEGuy23
#222543 From the pics you can't tell it was gray :thumb: now i dont have to go the junkyard and spend money on dashboards that are cracked and abused :woot: thanx for the info dude appreciate it :D have u made a DIY on this??

So i found the VHT paint jet black and also found a white one....how many cans did it take of the VHT jet black for the dash and 4door panels?
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote:From the pics you can't tell it was gray :thumb: now i dont have to go the junkyard and spend money on dashboards that are cracked and abused :woot: thanx for the info dude appreciate it :D have u made a DIY on this??

So i found the VHT paint jet black and also found a white one....how many cans did it take of the VHT jet black for the dash and 4door panels?

thanks lol yeah saves money and time going to buy a dashboard then installing it in! lol and nah havent made a DIY sorry, i had it all finished then thought "SHIT i coulda made a DIY!" so yeah instead il provide as much info as i can on questions :)

sweet as it took 3 and a half cans to do the dash and all 4 door panels BUT u can get away with 2 cans because i tend to over do alot of things ha ha. and took me 1 can for all the white bits and pieces :)
By familyEGuy23
#222919 kool same here tend to do it also better safe than sorry ill get like 3cans just in case...yeah its all good maybe ill do a DIY and give you credit of course :thumb:

the problem I will have is taking the dashboard out..I practiced at the junkyard on trashed cars :lol: I get stuck on the passenger srs part
:x
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote:kool same here tend to do it also better safe than sorry ill get like 3cans just in case...yeah its all good maybe ill do a DIY and give you credit of course :thumb:

the problem I will have is taking the dashboard out..I practiced at the junkyard on trashed cars :lol: I get stuck on the passenger srs part
:x

haha cheers! i didnt take my dash out LOL i done it the lazy way:
some tips get ALOT of news paper (more masking you do the better)
-start by laying the newspaper flat and masking the wind screen as close to the bottom of the windscreen as possible (dont worry about getting pain on the window, use a razorblade later) do about 2 layers for safety

-put a plastic bag over the steering wheel

- noww with masking the trim around cd player, a/c buttons and the other buttons .. the best way is to put newspaper along it then getting a butterknife and jamming about 3cm of paper under the trim piece (sounds nasty but works 100% with no marks) then fold it over the trim piece and mask (if you want i can post some pics when i get home to make it easier o understand)

- take off the trim wher the cluster is (couldnt find good info on this lol) there are 2 screws at the top, undo them.
get your trusty butter knife and wedge out the hazard button slowly and itl pop out, undo the harness behind it and then you will see a screw, undo that one
now i got stuck on this part (still do sometimes) get ur butterknife and wedge it on the bottom side under where the cluster goes and then unhook them clips and work your way around and tug lightly (its thin plastic) and if that doesnt work then pop out the part where the 2 vents areand wedge that out abit. (again i will post pics if you are stuck here)

- tape alot ofnews paper around the doors so you dont get over spray

when everything is masked, lay newspaper on the seats, carpet, shifter etc so you dont get spray on them

have to give my fingers a rest LOL need any info like pics or watever il post up asap