Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By familyEGuy23
gtstripes wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:kool same here tend to do it also better safe than sorry ill get like 3cans just in case...yeah its all good maybe ill do a DIY and give you credit of course :thumb:

the problem I will have is taking the dashboard out..I practiced at the junkyard on trashed cars :lol: I get stuck on the passenger srs part
:x

haha cheers! i didnt take my dash out LOL i done it the lazy way:
some tips get ALOT of news paper (more masking you do the better)
-start by laying the newspaper flat and masking the wind screen as close to the bottom of the windscreen as possible (dont worry about getting pain on the window, use a razorblade later) do about 2 layers for safety

-put a plastic bag over the steering wheel

- noww with masking the trim around cd player, a/c buttons and the other buttons .. the best way is to put newspaper along it then getting a butterknife and jamming about 3cm of paper under the trim piece (sounds nasty but works 100% with no marks) then fold it over the trim piece and mask (if you want i can post some pics when i get home to make it easier o understand)

- take off the trim wher the cluster is (couldnt find good info on this lol) there are 2 screws at the top, undo them.
get your trusty butter knife and wedge out the hazard button slowly and itl pop out, undo the harness behind it and then you will see a screw, undo that one
now i got stuck on this part (still do sometimes) get ur butterknife and wedge it on the bottom side under where the cluster goes and then unhook them clips and work your way around and tug lightly (its thin plastic) and if that doesnt work then pop out the part where the 2 vents areand wedge that out abit. (again i will post pics if you are stuck here)

- tape alot ofnews paper around the doors so you dont get over spray

when everything is masked, lay newspaper on the seats, carpet, shifter etc so you dont get spray on them

have to give my fingers a rest LOL need any info like pics or watever il post up asap

Nice dude big :thumb: up very good info i want to wait when the weather isn't so windy over here in So Cal :D

Oh yeah put the pics of the interior on your build thread!!! :woot:
By gtstripes
#222973 i hate when the weather is cold, i love respraying, it gets kinda addictive HAHAHA lucky its almost summer here in Australia :P. it sux i have nothing left to spray tho :/

putn up the pix now! :D :D
By gtstripes
#222974 and to help build your confidence, i have not held a spray can in 20 years LOL i have no experience what so ever, easy 1/10 job . ( masking being 5/10 being a bastard to set up lol)
By familyEGuy23
#223033 :o dang summer? Nice its weird in SoCal first hot then cold but now its pretty cold...yeah thanx I'm getting the supplies ready I'm pumped :woot: I'm still deciding either to go all black interior or black and some other color depends on what color I paint my car :thumb:
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote::o dang summer? Nice its weird in SoCal first hot then cold but now its pretty cold...yeah thanx I'm getting the supplies ready I'm pumped :woot: I'm still deciding either to go all black interior or black and some other color depends on what color I paint my car :thumb:

id love to go to america lol but the weather is soundn like a bitch :P
lol id go with black with a 2nd colour on all the little bits and pieces :) i done white because it matches the outside of my car lol :D
By familyEGuy23
#223105 Well its different everywhere I'm in southern california 8)
Yeah yours came out nice :thumb: but idk since I'm undecided on exterior color...think I'm most likely going to go with Nighthawk black pearl (the one on the 06+ Si)
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote:Well its different everywhere I'm in southern california 8)
Yeah yours came out nice :thumb: but idk since I'm undecided on exterior color...think I'm most likely going to go with Nighthawk black pearl (the one on the 06+ Si)

lol all states there sound the same to me, i hav no idea which is a state and whats a town/city LOL

wow i love that paint!!! would be hard to keep it clean tho being black and all.. id kill to have my car resprayed but it me its too expensive being a student lol awell :D :woot:
By familyEGuy23
#223229 :lol: same here work and have a lil girl and starting skool next year so I'm saving up and get as much work done before skool...maybe diy paintjob :woot: but idk too many colors to think of
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote::lol: same here work and have a lil girl and starting skool next year so I'm saving up and get as much work done before skool...maybe diy paintjob :woot: but idk too many colors to think of

HA i do not trust myself respraying the outside of my car lmao! mine would make the junkyard cars look like maserati's LOL

but you are right about the too many colour to think of part, i always thought there was the basic blue, red, green, yellow etc lol but after hearing all these different types of blue and different blacks etc makes it harder lol.. awell there is only one type of white (i think)
By familyEGuy23
gtstripes wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote::lol: same here work and have a lil girl and starting skool next year so I'm saving up and get as much work done before skool...maybe diy paintjob :woot: but idk too many colors to think of

HA i do not trust myself respraying the outside of my car lmao! mine would make the junkyard cars look like maserati's LOL

but you are right about the too many colour to think of part, i always thought there was the basic blue, red, green, yellow etc lol but after hearing all these different types of blue and different blacks etc makes it harder lol.. awell there is only one type of white (i think)

hahaha actually i seen some in the junkyard that have a better paint job than mine!!! :x
but yeah there's a few different whites too lol
By gtstripes
familyEGuy23 wrote:
gtstripes wrote:

hahaha actually i seen some in the junkyard that have a better paint job than mine!!! :x
but yeah there's a few different whites too lol

yeah i wouldnt mind a white cross seagullshit white :) lol

anyways lol im going to go for a photoshoot later on in the day and i will upload a ton of pics :D cleaned her out yesterday, i can now eat off her yay
By familyEGuy23
#223384 :woot: nice dude can't wait to see the pics...definetely watching ur build thread :thumb:
cant wait till my car is photoshoot ready :twisted: