Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Tugboat
#207907 soooooooooooooooo i was doing something rather simple, putting a air intake in my car, the plugs were in the way so i poped them out (without d/c the battery *facepalm*) and finished with the air intake, i was being a idiot and thought hey lets start it see how much louder it is, and guess what i forgot to put the plugs back in so i was trying to start it and nothing tried again nothing then i remembered the plugs were out so i plugged them back in and it wont start so uh yeah what the fuck did i do and how do i fix it :x :(
By VerLee24
#207914 check your fuses. check to make sure your wires are completely connected and in the right order.

does it not crank or fire or what
By Tugboat
VerLee24 wrote:check your fuses. check to make sure your wires are completely connected and in the right order.

does it not crank or fire or what

yep there all in the right place and connected properly it cranks just doesnt fire so im assuming its my sparks atm, which i just installed today, they worked fine all day so ill reinstall them if they dont work il lthrough my old ones in.
By Tugboat
chilango41 wrote:I have never heard something like this happen before.

yeah, well i was checking im getting no spark (quincidence) and to top it off my battery is dead so i replaced my ignition coil, distributor rotor and cap, and now waiting for the caa guy to boost my car, if that doesnt work then im driving it off a cliff and well yes. also im putting the pedal to the ground so all the gas or w.e gets out. as people were saying.
By Tugboat
Tugboat wrote:
chilango41 wrote:I have never heard something like this happen before.

yeah, well i was checking im getting no spark (quincidence) and to top it off my battery is dead so i replaced my ignition coil, distributor rotor and cap, and now waiting for the caa guy to boost my car, if that doesnt work then im driving it off a cliff and well yes. also im putting the pedal to the ground so all the gas or w.e gets out. as people were saying.

oops double post but my battery isnt the issue im getting spark my fuel pump is working everything in order to start a car is working yet it wont start so i said fuck it and its getting towed to a shop :( :x
By teal_dx
#208255 Things needed to make a motor run:
Spark
Fuel
Air
Compression

Try checking the timing. Did you mark the position of the distributor before you took it off to replace the coil?
By Tugboat
teal_dx wrote:Things needed to make a motor run:
Spark
Fuel
Air
Compression

Try checking the timing. Did you mark the position of the distributor before you took it off to replace the coil?

yep, it must not be getting compression or something cause its getting spark, fuel pump is working etc etc, but its gone now, to a shop cause im not the best with being a mechanic, i are body man ;), but anyways i shall find out tommorw hopefully its not compression and or something small and stupid. but atleast im getting spark now before i wasnt, as in after i installed the coil and such. but yeah my timing might be off who knows like i said i have no clue how to check it cause im an idiot with engines, well i know a tad, but like yeah. :thumbdown: