Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By LxGSR
#201913 ok, i've been looking everywhere for an answer to this annoying squeaking noise coming from the rear..every single bumps on the road will make it squeak..

car:
95 LX sedan with 187k on chassis..swapped motor b18
kyb shocks with oem springs..<<no noise what so ever..blox LCA..clunk noise because bushing is worn..but not the problem here..

brand new oe parts:
compensator arms D+P side
Upper Control Arm D+P side

rear 95 EX non ABS brake disc conversion with brand new oe trailing arm bushing..

squeaking coming directly from the part where the compensator arm meet up with the trailing arm...squeak on both side...compensator arms were replaced professional along with upper control arms..

squeak noise were present even before new parts were installed..thinking with new parts would cure squeaking noise..nope, i was wrong..

parts installed are over 2months old..so been in the car for over 2 months..drive the car EVERY day..it's my DD..by now the bushing should sets in, u would think..

can i pin point or imitate the sound by pushing or hopping on the car??
YES i can..just open the rear door, have someone bounce up and down on the door sill while i listen then it all lead to the compensator arm bolting in with the trailing arm..

have i spray it with lubricant??
YES, i've used PB blaster..drive a few days..no change..even used WD-40..no change..

does weather affect the noise?
YES..
cold = no noise
warm - hot = a lot of noise..

highway speed = quiet
local = at every single bumps, even little one will make it squeak

so, i'm looking for a solution..help??

remember, i used oem parts here..even the bolts and washers are honda's part..

i just want the noise to go away for good..

thank you in advance..

Brandon
By LxGSR
#202396 somebody..anybody..
By LxGSR
#202405 nope..not the ebrake..i checked and double checked both side of the ebrake cable..both are out of the way and free from any rubbing..