Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By speedracer1094
#199115 When I park my eg8 in the sun the a/c will blow warm air. It doesn't start blowing cold until I've been driving for about 30 mins. If I park in the shade it blows cold, no problem. I've replaced the entire a/c system. The only things I can think of are the caps missing from the top of the condensor and the fact that my climate control is missing the temp knob. Not sure what else. Anybody know about a/c systems??
I work in the desert so a/c is kinda important when its 110 outside.
By sickvtec
#199222 might be your blower or the ac compressor it happens to me too
By speedracer1094
#199269 Yesterday it happened again. I did notice that the compressor wouldn't kick on. The blower seems to be fine. Could it be that the blower is going out and doesnt have enough power to blow past the condensor underneath the dash??
By jerko
#199271 I have the exact same problem. Sucks, I'm looking into it as well. I live near phx az
By i8umup
#199275 try taking a garden hose and cleaning the a/c condenser. to me sounds like the problem.
By speedracer1094
#199307 Ill try the garden hose thing today.
Thanks i8umup.
By speedracer1094
#199513 Tried the garden hose thing and it didn't do anything.
I did check the cables under the dash and the temp control cable was off so I fixed that but still didn't help.
I called the honda dealership and they said it could be the circulation switch? Does anybody know what that is? I did see a little black switch where the condensor fan connects to but not sure if thats the right one. Anyone know where the circulation switch is located?
By jerko
#199643 http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2348947

Maybe this is the problem. I might try this out when I get a little extra cash. I wonder if its easy to swap out or if its a pita.
By speedracer1094
#199688 UPDATE: Well I parked in a covered parking spot at work so the car didn't get as hot throughout the day. I started her up and turned on the a/c... ta da cold air right off the bat! I have no idea what the problem is now. I guess she just can't handle the heat? lol
Anyone have any ideas??
By speedracer1094
#205720 after taking her back and forth to the mechanic its finally fixed well sorda. My mechanic took apart the whole ac system and noticed that each coupling was missing the gasket so he put in all new gaskets. only problem now is the temp control switch under the dash is not working so I had to mickey mouse it with a zip tie to stay on cyold. But so far so good. Parked her in the sun (115 degrees) for the last few weeks and shes blowing cold still. :thumb: :thumb: