Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By haxality
#198021 Hey Civic-EG, short-time lurker, first time poster here. I recently bought a 95 DX Sedan, and one of the rear doors has the outside door handle disconnected and the child safety locks set so you can't open it from within. So.. how might I get this open? I tried removing the trim panel but I couldn't unwedge it with the door closed. Any help is much appreciated!
By kinta94
#198024 well you could try to remove the door handle on the inside and seeing if you could get something to reach the little arm that opens the door you also could start removing the door completely from the car and when you get the front bolts off then take the door panel off have someone help you remove the door when you pull the arm to open the latch hook it up right again and put the door back on.
that's what i would do hope it helps :thumb:
By haxality
#198038 Now that I think about it, removing the door might be the easiest way. The problem with going from the inside is that the child safety latch disables the interior lock rod. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Edit: I just realized you can't remove the door without opening it. Damn.
By Ajax1989
#198397 all i can think of is brake the handle on the out side or just cut the door panel.. it would be the cheapest way with out doin body damage :thumb:
By BlueVic_8354
#216128 have you tried removing the inner door opener? maybe its broken or the linkage pull is short, it happened to me (actually until now), i cannot open the doors from within using the inner door opener, but if you remove the opener and pull the linkage, you could open it. but since the child lock has been disabled, i can open it by rolling down the windows.
By EG9-ish
#217750 Just take off the door panel from inside the car. You may need to remove the rear seat to really get to it, haven't tried.

Unscrew the tray, and handle, and pull the panel off, grab the rod the exterior handle attaches to, and pull up, and it'll open the door.
By ExCoupe94
#217757 if all else fails try to pick up a new interior panel and cut the existing one out
By Joplies
ExCoupe94 wrote:if all else fails try to pick up a new interior panel and cut the existing one out

A good idea, just make sure its not like fadded in an odd way or colored slightly different. Most likely wont be but its the stupid things that arnt thought abot and end up ruining everything.
By undeadone069
#218552 if u do it slowly u can bend the metal pieces holding the outside handle on. like use a screw driver to pry at it. do it slow so it wont break. i had to do this with mine once. then u should be able to reach inside a lil with ur fingers or some needle nose pliers. to grab the bar that will let u open it. then u can just push th handle back in. bending the metal back in shape.