Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EJ1STYLEN
#191339 Hi guys i just bought an 94 eg sedan and when i step on the clutch and i start to let off the clutch i hear a rattling type noise on the driver side like by the fender...idk if thats the shifter linkange cable loose or what and i hear when i hit a bump too..i bought the car with 17 idk if thats hitting the fender..please any advice be nice thanks...
By AutoXCivic
#191384 If the tire/wheel was hitting the fender then it would be a rubbing noise, not a rattle.

CV joints can kind of make a slight rattle type noise when they start going out.

Does it have an aftermarket clutch? The pucked ones especially tend to make noise.

There is no clutch cable, and the shift linkage is a solid metal rod.
By EJ1STYLEN
#191386 hmmm..last night i checked both cv axle to see if there were torn or wat cus i thought it was that, but i checked it. It was fine, idk wat to think of now. Im guessing its the clutch puck but the clutch seem fine it grabs just fine...
By EJ1STYLEN
#191387 and if the clutch thats making noise wouldnt the noise be on the passenger side not the driver side? Cause the tranny is on the pass. Side...idk, if it is the cv joints wat do i do?
By AutoXCivic
#191500 Noise travels funny inside the car, my clutch makes a clunking noise and it sounds like it's right in front of me. Metal transfers sound REALLY well. The noise isn't anything to be worried about (provided it is the clutch) it's just something that happens with pucked clutches ... it doesn't mean that it's wearing out or anything like that.

By pucked clutch I mean like a six-puck or four-puck after market clutch. Often referred to as a stage 2, 3 ... etc. racing clutch.
By EJ1STYLEN
#191512 i guess i found the problem...while at work i looked underneat were the clutch pedal is at and i found this bracket looking thing thats by the firewall thats attach to a stud and it was kinda loose i guess it can be adjusted to tighten it..so now my question is has anybody ever done it before?[/list]