Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By berg89
#188033 build one! After i boost my d series i wanna buy a civic wagon, Then take the 4wd system out of it then put it in a hatch.
By jred
#188038 that seems like alot..would be cool doh :thumb:
By blk92hb
#188093 I want to do the same with my hatch but with the front drive shafts removed so it would be rwd and awd when i want it to play in the snow
By chrono404
blk92hb wrote:I want to do the same with my hatch but with the front drive shafts removed so it would be rwd and awd when i want it to play in the snow

That is a very easy way to ruin the awd tranny's, They have a clutch in the middle so the rear gets upto 50% of the power when the front axles spins faster then the rear axles.

A Turbo AWD Civic would be killer, The Launches would be insane.
By AutoXCivic
chrono404 wrote:
blk92hb wrote:I want to do the same with my hatch but with the front drive shafts removed so it would be rwd and awd when i want it to play in the snow

That is a very easy way to ruin the awd tranny's, They have a clutch in the middle so the rear gets upto 50% of the power when the front axles spins faster then the rear axles.

A Turbo AWD Civic would be killer, The Launches would be insane.

It's been done. I've seen videos of a turbo'd 4th gen civic that was making 250+ to the wheels, and using the wagon drive train. Those transmissions are the weak point though if I remember correctly
By JDUBB025
#196519 My question is about the CRV drivetrain and if it able to provide more balance in power distrubution as well as the strength to withstand hp numbers up into the 300's? I am pretty serious about having an EG Civic that can compete with the likes of AWD monsters with it's light weight and impressive launches. Does anyone have any info about this type of swap?? :?
By ZactheRipper
#198858 Theres a 4wd civic local to me. Its white, rides high on some white alloy wheels and looks like a rally car.

I've just been reading my manual and the 4WD models had 6 speed manuals. That is, with an ultra low gear for ice and crap. The Autos also had a sport mode that changed the shift points to be better or something.

There was also a bolt kinda thing under the hood that disabled the rear wheels for towing. So you could have some fwd oversteer fun if you wanted to? :lol:

The manual only mentions the 4wd model like 4 times in the whole thing though.
By Coplies
#203602 I have spend a lot of time in the junkyard studying the underside of the crv trying to decide if i could get the real time 4wd offf of that and onto my eg8. I thing that the rear trailing arms would line up but other than that idk how much work it would be to mount the rear diff and the transfer case and all that sutff
By JDUBB025
#204573 First I will admit I read Super Street often lol. The July 2010 issue has a F20C and is a fully functional RWD drift 93 VTI (EG4). It is pretty sweet to say the least. The photos are very limited on sideways rolling shots however it does feature a lot of pics of the chassis set up. The re routed the exhaust because they used the tunnel where the exhaust normally runs for the driveshaft. I am betting the rear differential would pose some serious issues but I know it is possible. On this particular car they converted the front suspension to a S13's. They fabricated a hybrid S2K / 180SX drive shaft to make it possible for the Honda trans to be one with the R200 Nissan rear end featuring a NISMO LSD! This allows them to incorporate the S13 rear components as well. With the rear diff in place there wasn't enough room for the gas tank which had to be moved up into the spare tire well. The builder claims in Japan the conversion cost him around 2200.00!! No way that could be done for that little in the states unless you got the hook up LOL. This car has gained a lot of popularity in Japan and there are others makin their way thorugh this swap. Oh yeah it reads this took them like 2 months to get this far :o I will agree that is one hacked up monstrosity of a HONDA/NISSAN. Still Bad Ass! :woot:
By JDUBB025
#204605 As far as the CR-V trans there is a RWD Prelude in the July 2010 Honda Issue of Super Street. This Prelude utilizes a H2B Adapter plate to mate the CR-V trans to the H22A. This leads me to believe that a B Series motor should be able to match right up with the AWD CR-V trans? In the case of this project car they had to use custom motor mounts to raise the H22 3" to fit the trans causing the need for a custom hood as well. The drive shaft is again ran down the exhaust tunnel. In this case they used Flat 3" tubing for the re-routed exhaust for better ground clearance. they also had to relocate the gas tank in the spare tire well. It dosn't say what type of rear end they use. However, it does say that the builder used a gearset that was developed in 1979 by concept ford racing. This probably gives the much needed strenght and gearing required to allow for the turbo charged H22A power to work with this setup. It doesn't say what type of drive shaft either, but to have an AWD EG there will undoubtedly require many custom fabricated parts. Is anyone familiar with the functionality of the CR-V trans and if it could serve the racing purpose I am sure we would all be interested in?
By Ajax1989
#204607 id love to get a Eh1(rtsi)

if i ever import a car from jaypan its gonna be the eh1
nd the eg wit the s2k is sick

im gonna have to look that prelude up