Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By driveski
#185969 Alright, so my muffler was starting to rot out when I bought my eg8 back in november.

It is now to the point where I can hear it rattling inside the car while idling. Right now I'm just thinking of taking the muffler off since it serves no purpose at the moment. I know I might get pulled over, but I found if I roll through town in 5th, and coast in the 55mph zones when the Mr. Radar Detector goes off I should be fine.

Now to the point of the thread:
:hehe:
I was planning on replacing the whole exhaust from the cat-back; including the cat. This was going to happen after I've taken classes on how to MIG and TIG weld. That has yet to happen.

Is there a cheap decent sounding axle-back I could buy that doesn't have a 9" tip? I've searched, no luck.

I just need a quick fix and I would LOVE suggestions/opinions. Thanks.
By asianrob
#185974 i would look at the classifieds or the junker to see if anyone is parting out an EG sedan/coupe and get the stock exhaust off of that.. EX is always a plus. you can use one off a 94-97 GSR 2DR you just have to flip the middle section where the rubbers hold it on. it bolts right up and looks nice and is a nice upgrade. i have a 96 DX exhaust on my car its straight pipe with muffler. straight pipe because the cat is on the header.

i got that for like 10 bucks.