Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDM michael
#19021 well you have got a turbo d series... :)

awd y0!
By Gorveatt
teal_dx wrote:
Gorveatt wrote:Has this revived the hope of doing an awd hatch...
:o

another option instead of importing an AWD EG is to find a AWD EF 5-door wagon. they're not too hard to find around here. I'm not sure what their stock drivetrain can handle (probably not much more than 200 HP) but some of them even came with a 6 speed manual tranny :thumb: So there is a great opportunity for an AWD turbo D-series civic :woot:

I knew of the 5dr EF but i want to see what an AWD EG can do on the track :hehe:
By 5ive_on_the_floor
Gorveatt wrote:Cool... I find it funny that they have non asian people in the that lol

so true!!! hahhah this post just made my day :lol:
By teal_dx
#19040 I'm saying take the EF wagon drivetrain and put it under the EG :twisted:

then again if it was that simple, there would probably be people doing AWD EG swaps here in North America...
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote:I'm saying take the EF wagon drivetrain and put it under the EG :twisted:

then again if it was that simple, there would probably be people doing AWD EG swaps here in North America...

i always thought the same thing
By asianrob
#19119 Honda Tuning did CRV drive train in a DC teg lol
By hondajunkee
#19515 the difference between AWD and 4WD is that in a 4WD vehicle you can switch between 2WD or 4WD like a jeep or a truck where as in AWD all four wheels are always spinning like a subaru

and as far as the EF drive train swap, its been done a few times, but that drivetrain isnt set up for big power, so custom axels are a must, and also its not a 50/50 between the front and rear wheels. im not exactly sure but im pretty sure 90% of the power goes to the front and only 10% goes to the rear. theres a site thats trying to do it using CRV parts
By redrum
#39007 nice one now I will have a guide :hehe:

Thank you Ferio3399 :thumb:
By k0rean4life
#46300 I use to have this manual... good find :woot:
By k0rean4life
#49034 All-WHEEL drive can be achieved by using the CRV system in a hatch or DC.

My friend right now has a Fully Built and sleeved ITR built for boost on a GT2876 and is using the CRV ALL-WHEEL drive....

Mike you remember Ravi from the boards? Hes the one :hehe:
By aiegnine
#101203 good info.huhu
By eg-perk
#124889 i want those manuals! :thumb:

and the "wagovan" EE civic wagon model that was the realtime 4wd was actually a 6spd :o it had a "super low" gear

theres a video on youtube of an black ef hatch with that tranny off a wagon and a boosted z6 that puts down like 400hp and it hauls when he does a launch.
By Ajax1989
#130978 did the sir come wit a b16??

and will the 6spd tranny fit on all d's or only certain motors??