Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xwhitchx
#178087 I need input, not flaming.

ok i have a stock (jdm vtec) d15b in my car right now, and a friend of mine has given me a turbo set up for the car. I have been wanting more power out of my car for some time now. So I was going to boost the engine at 8lbs, and have it tuned. But I would like to get the car barr'd for the turbo set up in it, but there are no c.a.r.b. stickers on anything I have. The only resone I want to barr' the car is because I live in Cali. I dont know if I can even get barr'd for turbo.

So I was looking in to selling the turbo set up and buying a b16 swap. I know I can get this barr'd because lots of people have B-series barr'd.

This is the cheapest place I can find a full B16 swap that I can pick up.
http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000sea ... item=30005

so here are my questions:
1. Can I get my d15b turbo barr'd?
2. Would I be better off getting a B16 and getting that barr'd
3. Anyone know were I can get a full B16 swap for less then this. I live in Riverside county.

Thats all and thanks for looking over my thread.

By 93hatcheg
#178116 i would go with the sohc turbo...sohc's are my favorite motor :twisted:

but if you do do the b-swap pm me if you wanna sell the aem fuel rail, oil cap, can cold air intake

i live on the central coast only like 4 hours away i would drive
By xwhitchx
#178149 Thanks for your in put. So what about getting it barr'd for turbo?
By AutoXCivic
#178175 Don't you need to have a CARB legal turbo kit? In which case ... junkyard build is out.

I think the Edelbrock kit is one of the only CARB legal kits out there. And it costs a pretty penny. But it's probably also one of the best kits on the market. Although with that kit you'll want to ditch the piggy back they give you and go with a chipped ECU ... other than that slap it on and go.
By 93hatcheg
#178200 well the eldabrock kit is an awesome kit BUT GReddy also makes a carb legal turbo kit. they are really hard to find but i used to have one. not gonna say its better but i would rather have GReddy parts then eldabrock personally
By AutoXCivic
#178314 I wasn't sure if Greddy made a CARB legal kit, that's why I didn't mention it. It all depends on your goals, which kit will fit your needs better.