Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By SlowEG8
#176262 I have a 92 EG8 and for some reason the backlight ( the lights in the back of the cluster) doesnt work. What could it be?
By {ikon}EM1
#176269 i had the same problem with my ek coupe... the way i fixed it was that i hit a pot hole... not on purpose (i was kinda drunk :drink: and didnt see it coming) but by accident and it lit up like the 4th of july like its sopose to... i dont know if this helps but maybe theres a loose wire or it might be the cluster itself... have u tryed to swap out clusters wit a buddy to see if thats the problem???
By SlowEG8
#176273 Yes i did actually. I went to the junkyard and picked up a cluster. (no worries the car was complete strangely and it wasnt wet.) I put both in and no luck.

Funny thing tho. i was turning the wheel one time and it turned on for like a sec. then it shut off.
By marquisdee1018
#176286 well if it can on then went back off, there is a short somewhere behind the cluster.
By DontHateonEG8
#176291 could be your dimmer switch. when i took my dimmer switch off my eg8 to install my coin tray (eg) the dash lights dissapeared.

I forgot how but you can test if its the dimmer switch
-first you take it out (right hand side above the side-mirror-block-off
-take the harness out of the switch
-now i forgot which wires, but all you need is to jump 2 of them - if the lights turn on then its your dimmer switch

If it is your dimmer switch, let me know cause i got one for ya!

good luck!
By TrailerTrash
#176293 might sounds kinda dumb... but did you try banging on the dash?
By EJ1-danny
#176303 i have the same problem on my hatch the light turns off randomly i have to tap the dimmer switch mad hard with my finger and it turns on ive switched the dimmer but still turns off.. my heater switches do the same thing i have to bang the dash and it comes on :x
By DontHateonEG8
EJ1-danny wrote:i have the same problem on my hatch the light turns off randomly i have to tap the dimmer switch mad hard with my finger and it turns on ive switched the dimmer but still turns off.. my heater switches do the same thing i have to bang the dash and it comes on :x

thats your dimmer switch then fo shizzle!
By SlowEG8
#176716 haha just an update

I was driving at night and i hit the dimmer just for the hell of it. They turned on!
By DontHateonEG8
SlowEG8 wrote:haha just an update

I was driving at night and i hit the dimmer just for the hell of it. They turned on!

got the switch if you want :thumb:
By eg92si
#203050 Still got that switch bro