Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg84dr
#171264 should i trade my 94 eg8
for a 94 del sol with 200k needs a timming belt
heres the ad
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1571319003.html
and heres my civic well my build thread
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=13011

soo im looking at a coupe now
its got a d16z6 with zc pistons in it
exactly what i wanted to do
it needs bearings tho he says he spun a bearing
no rust or rot from what hes said
no pics yet but im going to look at it soon
how likley is it that the crank is shot ?
putting bearins in is not hard but i just dont wanna spin another one if the crank is bad
thanks guys
Last edited by eg84dr on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
By {ikon}EM1
#171269 i say do it!!!!! :woot:
By Classiccarsrule85
#171274 well heres the thing del sols are nice tho parts for them arent as common as well lets say the civic you have.....

the delsol selling points fro me anyhow....
-the looks are ok but with a ek front end they look sexy
-seats are actually quite supportive
-Great warm weather car roof pops off all windows go down even teh rear window(make sure all the window motors work...)
-depending on what motor it has and what year may have vec(dont really care if it didnt because you can always put it in there) and abs if it had that i wouldnt want it lol just because of that(too much weight)
-looks rust free which is a plus

now the cons for it in my veiw
-this particualr one has a broen timing belt which could mean even if you fix that belt the head could have bent valves
-its semi high miles but if you look at the oil and it looks semi clean id say fuck the miles lol i really dont care how many any honda has it could have 500,000 miels on it and if it was rust free i could always find a motor....
-parts are delsol only for most of it and they made two different styles so you gotta be careful....
-the problem with the timing belt
-its a good summer car and i mean im sure its great in winter too but summer is where is shines
-if you have any passengers more than 1 lol there maybe some room in the trunk but yea wont need to take a gorup of peopel anywhere woot lol....

now its up to you in the long run but yea overall it seems like a good deal but then again depends on what you need to a car to accomplish.
By eg84dr
#171290 thanks for the input
the guy is definiatly interested but he was gonna sleep on it
it would basically be a project car
i dont curently have anymoney and waiting on a job sop its no big deal if it sits in my garage untouched for a bit
i have my other eg8 so no worries on transportation
if he says yes then i will defiatly get it just for the fact that theres no rust
any more input is great
thanks guys
By jDUB
#171446 I was about to trade since I came across a really good opportunity also.

But watching Franklinhid's video made me go ":lol: yeah right!"
By eg84dr
jDUB wrote:I was about to trade since I came across a really good opportunity also.

But watching Franklinhid's video made me go ":lol: yeah right!"

yeah im keeping my eg8 haha cant part with it