Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanguy
#171049 OK guys what the hell do yall think it coming from. only thing i can think of is the tail light seals. i re-seam sealed all the gaps and under coated the inside of my tunk. but its still getting water inside when it rains. plus the moisture fogs my back window hella bad and i dont want to put another sub in till i fix it so i dont water log it. any other ideas? if not ill just get some seals. :thumb:
By {ikon}EM1
#171055 did u check the drain plug from where the spare tire is at?
By asianrob
#171056 replace the taillight gaskets. common problem on integras. or... you can hide in your trunk and have someone with a water hose spray over it and you can check for leaks?
By AutoXCivic
asianrob wrote:replace the taillight gaskets. common problem on integras. or... you can hide in your trunk and have someone with a water hose spray over it and you can check for leaks?

x2 on the tail light seals. My trunk leaked when I got my civic ... had those replaced and it stays bone dry now.
By egsedanguy
{ikon}EM1 wrote:did u check the drain plug from where the spare tire is at?

haha. ther isnt suppose to be water in ther period. haha and i checked agin and looks like tail light seals. well ill get em next paycheck on the next monday :woot: thanks guys :thumb:
By driveski
egsedanguy wrote:
{ikon}EM1 wrote:did u check the drain plug from where the spare tire is at?

haha. ther isnt suppose to be water in ther period. haha and i checked agin and looks like tail light seals. well ill get em next paycheck on the next monday :woot: thanks guys :thumb:

I checked my tailight seals today because I am having the same problem. They looked fine to me, but is there anything specific to look for.
I feel like I've investigated this as much as I can on my own...I'm stumped.
By egsedanguy
#173000 haha me to. but i did find on my passanger side of the trunk seal is creased from somthing. and its not making a good seal with the trunk. and that is were some water is coming in from. so new trunk seal is a must. check your also :thumb:
By driveski
egsedanguy wrote:haha me to. but i did find on my passanger side of the trunk seal is creased from somthing. and its not making a good seal with the trunk. and that is were some water is coming in from. so new trunk seal is a must. check your also :thumb:

ok sweet. hopefully this works. We just had some rain the other night and this morning I found an ice rink in my trunk where the spare is supposed to be while loading my skis into it.
By AStar59
#173477 i just fixed a leak in my trunk. but mine was coming from the trunk vent on the driver side. the seal around the vent was leaking. just put silicone around it and its good.
By faedzB18C
#174280 mine too...where can i get that gasket?