Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By the honda guy
#160545 Hey guys I am brand new to this site, and I am sure someone has allready asked this but I cant find it and dont know my way around the site yet so I am just gonna ask it. Does anybody know if you can get the rear window and wiper motor and whatever else I need from a eg ferio rtsi and put it in my usdm 93 lx?. I have looked at the bodies and they look identical so I think the hardest part would be finding it. Also does anybody know if there is a rear window spoiler or kind of like a wing that would go on the very top of the rear window. I appreciat your time and thank you for your comments.
By chrono404
#160546 I know there is an OEM visor that attaches to the top of the rear window, its a pretty rare part from jdm land.

I would love to add a rear window wiper as well. Didn't know some of the JDM civics had it. I am not sure how easy it will be to install. Maybe you would be able to source the motor from a Hatch? that should be much easier to obtain, Then fabricate some type of mounting for it.

Do you have any pics of how the rear wiper is mounted in the rtsi?
By the honda guy
#160606 Thanks for the info, i think the hatch wiper motor could work but the biggest thing is the glass, it has a hole in it so the motor shaft can go through. As for the visor i will have to look into it, i may just try to modify one from another car with some plastic welding and some paint
By Coplies
#165970 something else to consider is that the Ferio have a sprayer mounted on the roof. I have thought about this myself and my only suggestion is to look at the 4dr integra. I know some of the 2dr integra have a rear wiper. Maybe you could get the parts there

By That One Dude
#165982 I don't know what model it is, but there was a sedan with a rear wiper. I think you have to get the whole rear glass because of the hole in it. Unless you're confident enough to drill a hole in your tempered glass...

Also, I would imagine there are different rear panels to cover the wiper motor and such. Of course there would be wiring and a switch, but that's a given.

And if I could find the picture I saw, I would post it...but alas...
By the honda guy
#166079 yeah I have been staying in contact with www.jdmplanet.com about the rear wiper conversion, so hopefully they will come through for me.
By Joplies
#166300 if and when they do bro come back and let us all know! and post of pics for sure
By AutoXCivic
#167591 In for updates. I miss having a rear wiper now that I own a civic.
By chrono404
#169471 Bump

Was watching a video that has a Picture of Franklinhid's sedan in it.

That caught my attention.

I want one so bad. I hate that my Sedan doesn't have a rear wiper. I am so wanting to modify one into my Sedan.
By deschlong
#169483 Don't limit your search to just the RTSi -- the EG9 model had it too. The wiper is the same p/n as from a mid 90s Accord Wagon, so there's that problem solved. The motor ... well that is specific to the JDM models, but there's no reason why you couldn't adapt the motor from a hatchback to work. From the parts diagram, it looks quite similar to the Accord Wagon one again, so you might have more luck with that. The squirter nozzle is the same as a mid-90s EDM Prelude rear wiper squirter nozzle ... which we didn't get over here. But I'm pretty sure you can just use any one that's on the back of a Honda/Acura with a rear wiper. You'll have to cut a small hole in your roof to mount it.

The wiring --- is the same as for a hatchback. Just follow those diagrams and you're golden.

So, just worry about getting the glass. The rest you can figure out afterwards.