Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jdmeglove7
#159716 i have a si blue 92 civic eg 4 door
with a d16z6 running on a y8cam
im running pretty stock though
just a y8 throttle body
injen intake
chipper p28 that allows me to redline at 9.2rpms(i redline at 7.5 though lol)
and a dx tranny(would an ex tranny be better?)
lowered on some ebay coils
and some nameless exhaust
its not the best
but how does the engine sound so far?
and what could i do to make it better?
tips.. lol
By 93cxhb
#159721 sounds decent. grab a new clutch & a set of light wheels or gsr blades :thumb:

more peeps from WA. :thumb: :woot:
By chnzgoofball
#159722 it sounds ok so far, i would go with an si/ex tranny, upgrade the clutch and flywheel, and do all the maintenance if u just picked up the car ex: wp, t belt, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. thats if you dont kno the history already and what are your plans for the car? u can always go boosted too for more power or keep it na and it will be a fun little commuter car, there are endless ways to upgrade :thumb:
By jdmjaromer
#164456 why would you set the redline so high? the z6 normally goes down in the torque curve around normal redline anyways. shifting around that redline would bog out the second shift
By thirdson
#164459 If its not the vtec version then mini me build. d15b vtec head
By the honda guy
#165069 I WOULD GO WITH A SI TRANNY IF YOU DONT DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAY A LOT, A NICE CLUTCH AND LIGHT WEIGHT FLYWHEEL COMBO, AND A SKUNK2 CAM, CRAPPY EBAY HEADER AND YOU SHOULD PICK UP SOME POWER.
By jdm3
#165152 sounds decent :thumb:
By 3kkl3sia
thirdson wrote:If its not the vtec version then mini me build. d15b vtec head

D16z6 is VTEC.
and so is the D16y8 (his cam)

jdmeglove7 wrote:i have a si blue 92 civic eg 4 door
with a d16z6 running on a y8cam
im running pretty stock though
just a y8 throttle body
injen intake
chipper p28 that allows me to redline at 9.2rpms(i redline at 7.5 though lol)
and a dx tranny(would an ex tranny be better?)
lowered on some ebay coils
and some nameless exhaust
its not the best
but how does the engine sound so far?
and what could i do to make it better?
tips.. lol

There is a lot you could do, question is how much money do you want to spend on it?
I would get a ex/si tranny, the shorter gears make street driving more fun. But at high speeds it'd be cool if there was a 6th gear.
Also, as far as i know there is no such thing on our EG chassis of a 4-door SI (correct me if im wrong)
By sickvtec
#166434 add in thinner head gasket for better compression :woot: :woot:
By AutoXCivic
the honda guy wrote:I WOULD GO WITH A SI TRANNY IF YOU DONT DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAY A LOT, A NICE CLUTCH AND LIGHT WEIGHT FLYWHEEL COMBO, AND A SKUNK2 CAM, CRAPPY EBAY HEADER AND YOU SHOULD PICK UP SOME POWER.

EX/Si Transmission is fine for highway driving. I was getting 42 mpg highway with my d15b7 w/ the EX/Si tranny. The transmission is definitely worth the extra fun. Skunk2 no longer makes cams for our SOHC engines, look at either Bisimoto or and Exospeed regrind (you'll need a spare cam core for this option). Watch out for the lightweight flywheel ... don't go too light or you'll loose some bottom end (which these small displacement engines don't have much of anyway) and your RPMs will drop further between shifts, just get a stock one lightened a little bit.
By AutoXCivic
sickvtec wrote:add in thinner head gasket for better compression :woot: :woot:

Can't get too much thinner than a stock z6 head gasket. Could go with a 2-layer y8 (remove the center layer) but I've heard of people having problems with that.