Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By lveg8
#158118 my question is this. i know it fits but what about the way it flares out at the front fender? has anyone found a way to fix this to where it looks clean? i have the eg mud flaps, both front and rear. i know that the fronts wont work with the ek side skirts because it is rounded and the ek are straight. do i need to get ek mud flaps? will it cover the so called flare in the front and if i cut the side skirt so it is flush with the body, are the ek mud flaps able to cover the cut? or do i just mod the eg mud flaps to where they would cover the side skirts and where it would have to be cut to look clean? i only have one shot at this because i am on a budget and don't want to spend more then i have too. can anyone help?
By Simmons
#158333 Not too sure,but i think i saw a eg with ek skirts and mud flaps.
Why dont you fit the skirts and lend a pair of flaps by some1 to see :?
Last edited by Simmons on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ikon
#158336 the ek side is is longer and requires trimming. most people just leave it open without covering it but eg mudflaps will hide the cuts...... or u can just cut the end of the pieces u trimmed and glue those or plastic weld them on to the skirt. :thumb:
By asianrob
ikon wrote:the ek side is is longer and requires trimming. most people just leave it open without covering it but eg mudflaps will hide the cuts...... or u can just cut the end of the pieces u trimmed and glue those or plastic weld them on to the skirt. :thumb:

actually on the sedans theres no trimming required i had a set i test fitted on the sedan but ended up putting on the hatch.. to aid this problem you can trim a little off the side that sticks out and put your mud flap on. but i seen some people go as far as putting EK front flaps on
By marquisdee1018
#158549 I heated mine up a bit with a hair dryer and straightened it up enough to where it doesn't stick out as much.
By loweg4dr
#180320 i got ek side on my 4dr just use the 4dr ones
By dbrooks
#181254 I think there's a DIY on this too if you're still having trouble.
By jDUB
#181261 i heard that you can heatgun your original EG mudflaps to make them flush.
if not, use ek mudflaps, those would work without modification
By chilango41
jDUB wrote:i heard that you can heatgun your original EG mudflaps to make them flush.
if not, use ek mudflaps, those would work without modification

Would they work in the front and back?
By jDUB
#181421 they should, but my personal preference is eg mudflaps in the back
with ek mudflaps in the front, i'm still in the process of heating my front mudflaps up to mold them and make them more flush with the body. I'll post pictures when i can
By chilango41
jDUB wrote:they should, but my personal preference is eg mudflaps in the back
with ek mudflaps in the front, i'm still in the process of heating my front mudflaps up to mold them and make them more flush with the body. I'll post pictures when i can

Yea man please do.
Because I'm planning on doing this. But never thought about the mud flaps.