Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDUBB025
#156960 Are you lookin to do a full cat back exhaust or are you just lookin to put an aftermarket muffler on your EG??
By PaPaSmURf
#156968 Aftermarket exsaut .....
By JDUBB025
#156987 If you are only gettin' the muffler it is mainly for the tone. I like Apex i, HKS, and Tanabe. If you are thinkin you are gonna go cheaper you may want to consider that same cheaper mufflers offer a nasty sound. Also make sure your exhaust system dosn't have any loose clamps or hack jobs that are all rusted, these can cause a nasty sound too. You may be able to find something that is a little cheaper with a good sound it just may not last as long. My Personal favorite is the N1 design but there are a lot of options out there. Check different companies out and find the universal muffler that you like the best for your budget.
By JDUBB025
#156988 Check out Greddy, HKS, Apexi, Tanabe, DC sports, Injen, Skunk 2. Those name some of the big guns
By Dippin_EG
#157004 GReddy ftw 8)
By asianrob
#157036 a nice upgrade with a nice sound is an ITR axle back up grade you can do custom 2.5in piping with a resonator to go along with it to flow better
By Dippin_EG
#157066 and in the OEM perspective, the RSX type s muffler looks nice when mounted properly. 8)
By ReLXe
#157143 I have the ITR tanabe super hyper medaillon on my EG8. You'll need a customize cat. converter. But the rest is P&P.

nice sound, and quiet. And a really nice roar at high RPM.
By EvilmasteR
#157203 tanabe G-Med :D
By dawg316
#157205 id go 2.25" piping into a 22" resonator into a vibrant mufler.
By JDUBB025
#157324 I totally agree with the 2.25" piping but if you are planning on goin' bigger down the road you may want to go 2.5" to give yourself some room to grow. Either way if you are goin for more horsepower definitely look at upgrading to a higher flow cat or dare I say test pipe it lol. Note: test pipes aren't road legal. You will definitely want to uprade your intake as well. It will make little difference that you have a great exhaust if the car can't breathe in easily. Some other things to consider down the road. Header, Throttle Body, and Intake Manifold; those mods will be a great start as far as horsepower goes 8)
By PaPaSmURf
#157494 I removed the catalytic converter from the car for more hp i want that rattling noise when you are idling ... upgrades i did already are Custom air intake and headers..
By ohDirka
#157501 rs*r is my fav