Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93 honda civic
#155368 Hi there i own a 93 civic sedan stock everything except for a short ram air intake. anyways my boss played a prank on me, he decided to disconnect two spark plug wires that were connected to the distributor. So i go and try to start up my car and it starts but then it started choking immeditely and turns off completely. So i try to start it again but all it does is just turn and no start. I plug the wires back in but it still wont start. I have no idea what it is. Ive made sure everything is plugged in the same spot and correctly. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!
By 93 honda civic
#155459 alright i found out the problem and fixed it. now my car is in running order once again. It was the distributor module. I guess it got burnt out when the wires were unplugged. Bought a whole new distributor for 200 dollars. Now she fires up even better than before. and for sures im having my boss reimburse me.
By Punksz6
#155724 thats good that u got it back and running!!! :thumb: I would do it to his car!! :lol:
By Boban
#155966 good to hear you got it running, i had a similar issue. Bought some 10mm leads (second hand) and 2 came off the dizzy while i was driving. Car started running rough and finally stalled. I had no idea what was up so i kept cranking it trying to start it and burned out the dizzy as a result. Same solution as yours, new dizzy and now she starts better than ever :0