Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By biggnutz123
#148173 my buddy is wanting to do rear disk conv. basicly all he needs is the back a arm sub frame parts and disks of course anything else??? just wondering if it would bolt up and the parts are frome a 96 integra.
By asianrob
#148185 everything on the 96 integra works E brake cables, trailing arms, brake lines from the 96 integra. etc..
By Apexracing
#148189 in my own personal experience having swapped my sedan to rear disc's, it is was also needed for me to add the master cylinder and brake booster, from a integra or a 92-95 civic with abs and rear disc, reason being my swap didn't have much brake pedal until i swapped in the mc/bb. the new mc should be 15/16 diameter, and the bb should be a dual diaphragm. again this is from my own experience.
By biggnutz123
#148367 cool thanx man ill let him know!!
By slwcreepin
#170344 I just got a 94 Ex and I thought they came with drum rear brakes, did a balance on the tires and found out it had disc!! Was it an Option on the EX or standard or maybe a conversion.
By chrono404
slwcreepin wrote:I just got a 94 Ex and I thought they came with drum rear brakes, did a balance on the tires and found out it had disc!! Was it an Option on the EX or standard or maybe a conversion.

94 and 95 Civics had the option for the EX-S Package that gave them Rear Disks and ABS.

Its a more rare option, I dont see them out there that often.
By slwcreepin
#170458 Well I guess I got more than I bargained for... As I have them. :thumb:
By Boban
#170523 how about swapping over to a 40/40 prop valve or is than not necessary
By Apexracing
#170524 not completely but will help for a firm even stop,
By deschlong
chrono404 wrote:
slwcreepin wrote:I just got a 94 Ex and I thought they came with drum rear brakes, did a balance on the tires and found out it had disc!! Was it an Option on the EX or standard or maybe a conversion.

94 and 95 Civics had the option for the EX-S Package that gave them Rear Disks and ABS.

Its a more rare option, I dont see them out there that often.

Nah, this isn't right.

EX-S Coupe only existed as a model in 1993. It didn't have ABS, it had a passenger side AIRBAG. This was essentially its only distinguishing feature from an EX. You can verify this by clicking here.

However, the above poster may be confusing the EX-S with an EX w/ABS. These existed in 94/95 and had rear disc brakes and ABS.