Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Coplies
#141158 I have a 92 lx and i noticed that my dash lights were out. So i put a new fuse in and it blew it as soon as i turned on the parking lights. I tried again and once more with a 30A fuse. Same thing happened. Has anyone ran across this issue?

Thanks for the help
By Apexracing
#141163 theres a mention under the lighting section about having a bad head lamp switch, it could be causing your issue, there was a diy to fix it as well, also you could have a bad bulb socket, or there could be water in one of your lenses.
By Coplies
#141707 answer to my own question... it was an exposed wire in the wire harness for the CD player. It was a blue wire that when connected allows the deck to dim when the head lights are turned on, like the clock. However, my deck does not support this feature so it is not connected. This blue with was pre-stripped and got moved around till it was touching metal, thus allowing the circuit to go directly to ground.
By BLaCkSiLo
Coplies wrote:answer to my own question... it was an exposed wire in the wire harness for the CD player. It was a blue wire that when connected allows the deck to dim when the head lights are turned on, like the clock. However, my deck does not support this feature so it is not connected. This blue with was pre-stripped and got moved around till it was touching metal, thus allowing the circuit to go directly to ground.

well that will do it :thumb: good to find the problem