Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xwhitchx
#135254 so yeah, i love moonroof, but i have an lx and dont have one.. :thumbdown:. and i have seen posts every were saying that they got aftermarket moonroof, what i want to know is how much would that be installed and were i can get it done.
By Ajax1989
#135262 call around to some shops and see if they can hook you up :thumb:

btw you sig is too
big, just to let u know
By xwhitchx
#135263 ok ill fix it
By Ajax1989
#135264 ya just lettin ya know b4 a admin saw it..lol

but your best bet on the moonroof is tryin to find one from a eg sedan
and havin a shop install it for you
i hear bad things bout aftermarket moonroofs
By bucopandan
#135572 aftermarket moonroof is the easiest way but not the best way. prone to leaks which may cause your roof to rust faster. the ceiling would also be cut and since stock ceiling is not designed for that, it doesn't give a pretty sight. take 94_jdm_ferio's advice. you can't go wrong with it.
By EvilmasteR
#137290 my friend used to have the Webasto aftermarket moonroof installed on his EG sedan. It looks nice aesthetically but gets extremely hot inside when the sun is up. It doesnt have the sliding lid on the headliner to cover the moonroof.
By Chance
#137309 Easy as pie.... sells yours and buy one with a moonroof :D
By Gorveatt
#137312 Aftermarket sunroofs are the worst idea next to an aftermarket convertible... Anyone i've known that had an aftermarket sunroof had leaking issues
By bucopandan
#139329 i'm personally not comfortable with the thought of drilling a hole on my roof to install those aftermarket moonroofs. this is where rust starts to build up due to the leaks. the proper way is to look for oem roof with oem moonroof then have them installed as a whole. not only that it is leak-free, but the ceiling would be a pretty sight too. oem. ;)
By EG8_OTiS
#149951 sry to bring up an old thread and make this my first post but iv got a few questions. my civic has an aftermarket sunroof on it from previous owners and leaks bad. its been sealed up with caulk from the last owner but still leaks. question is even if a shop installed a new sunroof what are the chances it would still leak? iv tried finding an oem one but no luck in that search.