Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By thirdson
#132205 Hey guys..

Just wondering if anyones done a zc dohc conversion on an eg sedan? Whats your thoughts on it and is it worth it? Does it pull much? Im getting offered a cheap ZC and am thinking of converting my d15b to the ZC.
By Boban
#132249 didn't you guys get sedans with that engine in the states. Down here they're badged Si and come with DOHC 1.6l non-vtec D16SA8 (for australian market) which is identical to the D16ZC that we got in the EF CRxs
By Ajax1989
#132251 nope in the states we only got
the DX and LX modles with the D15b7 and the EX with the D16z6
none of the eg sedans [IN THE US] came with a zc or a b16
By Boban
#132261 i honestly don't think there is much difference, they are both rated at 96kw from factory (when new) both came with all power options (ie mirrors and windows) and both had the rear disc brakes as standard. Only difference (appart from engine obviously) is that the EX (or VTi as they called it here) had the sunroof and drivers airbag which the Si missed out on.

Vtec and sunroof won it over for me when i was buying my sedan
By Ajax1989
#132266 lol ya our dx are the basic of the basic, no power anythin
the LX have power windows and mirrors
and EX is the top dog, sunroof, power everthin and has vtec

but if you want a SIR or a VTI you gotta build it unless ur lucky and find one
By egsedanguy
#132269 ya but the sedans did not come in ex. the dx has the sunroof and the lx like mine has he rest of the goodies. why in the hell did they not make a sport addition of the sedan here???
By Boban
#132270 you could consider yourself lucky you never got the vtec-e engine there, biggest piece of #@$%, not compatible with any other d series and will not respond to any kind of upgrades in power
By egsedanguy
#132272 well thats not true here, the coupes and the hatches have the v-tec. just not sedans. but either way im putting a b18b1 integra motor in mine.. hopfully within about a month :thumb:
By Ajax1989
thirdson wrote:Hey guys..

Just wondering if anyones done a zc dohc conversion on an eg sedan? Whats your thoughts on it and is it worth it? Does it pull much? Im getting offered a cheap ZC and am thinking of converting my d15b to the ZC.

EX sedans come stock with the z6
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10548
the chaisse code is eh9

but back on the subject
i would stick to the d15b its the same hp as the zc dohc
Last edited by Ajax1989 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Boban
#132276 nice nice, excuse my n00bness but what did the b18b1 come out of as we have different engine codes here
By Ajax1989
Boban wrote:nice nice, excuse my n00bness but what did the b18b1 come out of as we have different engine codes here

the LS teg i believe