Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ChrisHoover
#127234 I'm hoping someone can help me/offer advice. Been having problems out of my a/c, something I'm not very knowledgeable on. Anyways, I broke down & took my 94 to a shop today & had them check it out. The expansion valve is bad & the evap core has some "debris" in it. The shop says that due to the debris, the compressor has to be replaced also. I plan on taking the evap core out tomorrow & cleaning it & replacing the expansion valve. Do you think I'll have to replace the compressor or just flush it with the rest of the system? Thanks for any advice!
By JUICE
#127240 too bad its hot as hell in florida, or i'd say ditch the whole system all together! free up some of those few ponies we have!
By ChrisHoover
#127242 Yeah, it's miserable here right now w/ the heat. lol. it doesn't help that my civic is phantom gray either. I think the dark paint absorbs heat cuz this is the hottest car I've ever owned!
By ChrisHoover
#127249 She's a sedan running the D16Z6 for now. Hopefully next year that will change though lol
By pedroa06
#127258 no a/c bro.. i live in cali hotest its gotten is 108 this week and i have a/c but never turn it one and it doesnt feel that bad at all.. give it a try roll down all ur windows and leave the a/c off test it out and if its to much of a hastle then fix ur a/c :thumb: