Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jamie gings
#123612 well iv just bought some gauges for my eg9. im sarting with the rev gauge. i have the part of the dash around the clocks out. ok so there is 3 wires a red a black and green. the red goes to a power source which is only on when ignition is on and iv that found. the black is a ground and iv also found that. ok so the green one has to get the reading for the revs. those anyone no where i should connect this, any help on connecting this is greatly appreciated.
By chrono404
#123640 If you got an OEM Cluster with a Tach/Rev Counter then Just plug everything in and it will work. All 92-95 Civics (except for delsol) Clusters are plug and play with each other. If you get one from Japan with a tach it will plug into a US Market or a UK Market Civic with no tach.

If you have an Aftermarket Tach/Rec Counter then it sounds like you already found the wires you need, The Tach/Rev Counter should have come with instructions as to where need to go. If you want good Wire Daigrams check out the Haynes Repair Manuals, They are available at every part store in the US, I am sure they are on the other side of the pond as well.
By Boban
#129126 I just piggy-backed mine off of the cluster
connect the red to +ve and the black to -ve and the green to the signal wire on your cluster (that was the easiest for me)

pull your cluster out, on the right hand side there the oem tacho is you will see the philips head screw, undo it and connect the wire there. Alternatively, connect the green wire to the 5th wire on the plug going right to left. Hope it helps, works fine for me, same revs as the oem tachoImage[/img]
By Ajax1989
#129222 the wire should be blue from my knowledge.. well on ek there blue
By Boban
#129436 i honestly can't remember guys, been a while since i pulled the cluster out and checked
By dawg316
#129567 the oem tach wire is blue. behind the cluster
By Ajax1989
dawg316 wrote:the oem tach wire is blue. behind the cluster

ya i knew it was blue on EKs but wasnt sure on EGs
By jamie gings
dawg316 wrote:the oem tach wire is blue. behind the cluster

the 5th wire is not blue do so is it the 5th wire or is it the blue wire?????
By jamie gings
#132350 its the blue wire i hooked it up there.
can anyone help me with the voltage gauge. i connected the red to a positive and i grounded the black, the gauge lights up but doesnt read any voltage????????
By Boban
#132620 shouldn't there be 3 wires?????
+ve, -ve and signal

did you get your tacho working
By jamie gings
#133432 got them both hooked up eventually, there was 2 positive wires and 2 ground wires for the voltage.